[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Picked up a nice SCX FIAT

Picked up a nice SCX FIAT

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Picked up a nice SCX FIAT

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks to Lee making a trade...this little runner showed up.

I really like these cars and look forward in tuning it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Picked up a nice SCX FIAT

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Its not just that I had one in 1973 and I loved it, even if it eventually fell apart, I love that slot car. I have the blue one and the scarlet one, and I wish they made another.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:15 pm

They're a cracking little car and go very well with minimum interference. Love them. But then, I love a lot of the SCX offerings. They show so much more imagination than some of the other companies.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby TsgtRet » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:18 pm

Have one of those myself but I modded into an actual roadster with just a driver. I'll try and get pic of it.

Waytoo: I had a brand new 76 131 2 door that I bought as a left over in 77. Bought it in Ohio, took it to Texas and then shipped it to England. Same driveline as the 124 Spider, loved that car, had it for 6 years and sold it to another GI in England when I left. Also had a 75 X1/9 in 84 in California as a project car, lots of fun.
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:51 pm

Sarge, mine was a 1969 (bought in '73), before the humps on the hood and the bigger engine. I had the "poor man's Ferrari" version that had real burl on the dash and an engine so infested with aluminum that I couldn't use a normal socket set. I must have popped the head off 10 bolts while I had it. I loved it enough to become an expert at removing headless valve cover bolts.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:01 pm

Well my evening is shot. I had intended to get some "work" done but all I have really been doing is running this car.

All stock...it was new in the box and all I have done is race it with a few drops of oil.

Anyone up for a night race? :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Ember » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 pm

Told you it was a sweet car. Runs like a charm. That Alpine 110A that DM's got is another little cracker. I want the 600 though. Gimme. Gimme.

Seriously though. The SCX rally cars are brilliant bang for the buck. I bought two 4WDs rally cars (Citroen C4 and Skoda Fabia) on chuck out at $25 a piece when I first built the track. They're still among the most fun cars that we have and get a run any time that the track gets switched on. Love 'em.

And I like the pretty lights. ;)
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby ListerStormGT » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Hey Boss, glad to see it made it to you. I dont even think I ever opened the case to that did I? They are cool little cars but your blue one looked lonely when I saw it sitting by itself on the shelf. I figure you will enjoy it more than anyone... :grin:
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Found the Abarth at Scalexworld Ember - might have another one - they are a bit hard to find.

DM
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Lee is a closet small car guy. I knew it!

Nice car! I remember running a blue one at Harry's last year and liked it.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ListerStormGT » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:55 am

Dave, you know all my secrets! :shhh:
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:29 pm

FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale