[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - Nice new Carrera's

Nice new Carrera's

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Nice new Carrera's

Postby Cincyslots » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:25 am

Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Nice new Carrera's

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:36 am

There they are :)

Thanks for the update!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby crossovercrazy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:17 am

Sorry for the stupid question, but can anybody explain to me why the Cobra has white wheels in the front, and gray in the back? The ones I ordered confirm this. I assume in has some historical explanation, but I am not aware of it.
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:41 am

Just after the car that raced there sir.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby crossovercrazy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:48 am

Thanks for the response, Harry. I had noticed that the real car DID have the mixed wheels, I just didn't know WHY.

Maybe Shelby and Cobra had the same budget I had when I ran a 1964 Cadillac Coupe de Ville short track racing (see my avatar), as well as a 1972 Buick Centurion and 1966 Galaxie, while I was in college - I often had different colored wheels on them, when I ran the 200 lap Enduros, and blew 7 or 8 tires a race! (I miss those soft Mohawk tires...)
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:05 am

From the history of the car, it is likely just that simple. They used what they had :) I am just guessing...sorry, I was busy hosting Mark (Royalty!) and should have realized what you were asking.

I have it and really like it. It is over in the Doc Reinecke Pit Area where magic seems to happen. After tuning it will see plenty of action.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby LAMing » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:15 am

Wow... so the mis-matched wheels are PROTOTYPE? And Carrera noted it and represented it?

THAT is one impressive piece of work, Carrera!!!

Carrera just went up yet another notch on my opinion scale.

Andre
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby crossovercrazy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:02 am

Harry,

"Doc Reinecke Pit Area"? Could I at least have the "Mike Bennett Porta-John" named after me there? Seems to fit with my posts.

Even an orange cone with my name on it would suffice...
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:26 am

I would be honored have both sponsored by you sir. :)

Yes Andre, these are my current favorite classics. Look great, easily tuned, and affordable.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RazorJon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:43 pm

yeah and fast out of the box on my track
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Slottus » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:08 am

My guess is, they painted the frontwheels to have control about the brakewear on that particular track.

Not so much on the way up, but on the way down after practice.

I drove that route in April, it's hard to get up, but also hard to get back into the valley.
Slottus
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale