[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - RMS Resins

RMS Resins

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

RMS Resins

Postby BRP32 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:06 am

I have to send cudos out to David for his '70 Camaro resin body.

I have to say that this was one of the nicest resin kits I have ever had the pleasure of working with and painting.

Absolutely flawless.

I acquired it from my friend Greg(eeprof) on the boards here recently.

I was able to paint the '70 Camaro resin body last night finally now that the humidity finally went away.

All I did was take the Camaro resin body, stick a 2x4 up inside it to hold the body in place while I spray painted it and applied the medium blue metallic paint.

That was it. No prep work or cleaning needed.

The paint came out perfect.

I will add pics of it as I advance the build along.

Just want to give a big shout out to David and the amazing resins he provides to our hobby!

Thank you again David for all the time and effort that you put into the resin bodies that you do!!!!

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: RMS Resins

Postby cagee13 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Yep he is good at making resins. I really enjoy working with his creations.
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:25 pm

You are both talking crazy! I know of no one that likes my rather crude resin creations!

Seriously - thank you to all of my customers. I will endeavor to improve my quality and range of kits.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby RichD » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Here is my '70 Camaro. The body needed no preparation, I just painted it.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:07 pm

Rich,

Your Camaro looks awesome!

I hope mine comes out looking as good as yours!

Thank you for sharing.

Very nice!

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Rich - that is still one of my favorite customer builds!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:09 am

I picked up the Ferrari 612 off eBay here in Australia - nice kit I am looking forward to building a different looking Can Am car

DM
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:45 pm

I sure would like to see a new run of those 65 Chevelles. That Camaro is handsome.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:49 pm

Bob - I believe Mark at M/T did the '65 - I've held off doing it until he's done. My '66 master is a wreck. On the plate...just could be another few years before it is done...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby sixtiesracer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:58 am

sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby RichD » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:11 am

Here is the Super Jet '65 Chevelle.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sixtiesracer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:51 pm

That 65 Chevelle builds up into a nice looking racecar. What chassis did you use?
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby RichD » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:07 am

It uses a Slot.it HRS2 chassis with a 21.5K motor. Shoreline Model Raceways has a class for these, originally the Revel '55 Chevy body was the only body that was allowed. The '55 Chevy has been out of production for a few years, so we decided to allow other bodies.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale