[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Just had to have this one

Just had to have this one

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Just had to have this one

Postby ListerStormGT » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:14 pm

It has been awhile since I purchased a Slot It car, I had quite a few of the Group C cars at one time but ended up selling them off just for the simple fact the motor was too much for my smaller home track and I just didn't enjoy them because of that. When I saw the new Coke Porsche though I knew I had to have it, not only since it looked so good but also because I work for Coca-Cola. ;) What sealed the deal for me was while at Harry's a couple weeks ago we raced his Slot It's with M/T-1 and Hawk motors and they were just so much fun to race. What those motors do to these cars is amazing and although they are not speed demons, they are not slow either just balanced perfectly. So with that said I came home and ordered the Coke car, but me being me I couldn't just have one car.. I needed a couple others to go with it, you know just to get started again... :twisted: :lol: Now I have some work to do putting in the new motors but they will end up being perfect for my smaller track. Since they all arrived today it was a good time for some pics.

ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Just had to have this one

Postby RazorJon » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:45 pm

that is a sweet car, I like it :banana-rock:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby baford1 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:39 am

nice looking car Lee & the other 2 look good as well , very at home on your track Slot Its are smooth running cars hope you enjoy them

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:08 am

Nice :) I folded like a lawn chair too and should have a nice, warm, COKE car myself soon.

Glad to see you having some fun with them again. It was a fun time racing them.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RichD » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:27 am

A lot of slot cars are over motored if you run them without magnets. The solution is to reduce the voltage and/or use a less powerful motor. Even at 10 volts a car with a 25K motor can be a real handful, I went through several motors in my NSR Mosler before I found something that worked.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:33 am

Lee is my favorite compulsive shopper ;)

Nice cars and great pics buddy! Now stop slacking off and re-motor them.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:16 pm

Yes Rich, correct. Even with reduced voltage and a decent PM controller, the stock Slot.it is simply not to my liking.

Solution? Change it.

The Hawk is quick enough, has good brakes and acceleration. It is close to a stock Fly/Scalextric and those are more than enough for our smaller track.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RazorJon » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:19 pm

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Abarth Mike » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:10 pm

Sorry but it is hardly remarkable. Image

I guess it might have some significance if one was into LMP cars. Otherwise it is just another low, wide Slot.it. Albeit with Coca Cola logo.
Abarth Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:01 am

Good morning to you too Mike :)

Actually it sort of is. It does have the new chassis, so they have made some changes. Some makers are churning out old molds and charging about the same price if not more. At least Slot.it is making changes for the advanced racer to allow more options. Sure, they have been doing this but the Group C line is one that Slot.it plans to keep alive and well and that means release like this are worth looking at.

Because?

There are newcomers arriving here and letting them know about this model and what Slot.it is all about is pretty important. When mine arrives I just might do a quick review just for folks to refer to.

And yes, the other significance is because we enjoy them. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby FootScoot » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:18 pm

I don't have the Coke version yet, but I do have the other two. I like Slot It. stock motors on a large track, but for most home tracks a remotor would be better. ;)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale