GSLOT? NSX GT?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

GSLOT? NSX GT?

Postby chappyman66 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:29 pm

I have always wanted a Honda NSX GT from the Japan GT series. I didn't get the Ninco when it first came out and now prices are waaaaaaaay too high. I see that GSLOT is also offering several liveries at a reasonable price but I am interested in impressions of the cars / chassis from those that have other GLSOT cars?
Thanks in advance.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: GSLOT? NSX GT?

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:38 pm

I have the Gslot Lexus and have also bought two of the gslot chassis for project cars. I have read that the Nissan and the Lexus are a bit over scale, about the same as the Carrera GT cars. My Lexus runs great and I am very happy with it.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:30 am

I have the JPGT car from GSlot. I also bought a couple of the RTR chassis that Bob is talking about. We had a ball with JPGT cars for about a year, and there was a lot of variation amongst them. The Ninco and the Scaley were by far the most popular, The Scaleys almost always won, by the way. I never could get the GSlot car to keep up, and I realized finally it was the motor. I replaced the motor and it became a fierce racer, but since our rules require the motor that came in it to be in the car at racetime, I couldn't run it in a race. I will say that the chassis is ultimately adjustable, very smooth and evenly weighted. The ride height is so low that it made me nervous, but larger diameter tires fixed that.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Rooster » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:05 pm

I picked up all three NSX's. I just think they are good looking & don't regret it. I take them for what they are. Like most slot cars, everyone has their own opinions about different aspects of the g-slot cars. The lack of brakes in stock form is the biggest issue I have with it. Tires are on the bigger size as well, but bearable. But like I said, I take them for what they are and enjoy taking them for a few laps around the track.
Rooster
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:14 pm

Oh I forgot about no brakes. I fixed that with the replacement motor and never thought about it anymore. Sorry about that. I should have mentioned it.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby chappyman66 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:04 pm

Thank you to all. It sounds like a bit of a Carrera situation with no brakes. I have been through that already and will do the motor swap, I suppose.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rooster » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Yes to the Carrera comparison regarding brakes. I have said that about the gslot cars myself in other conversations as well. Maybe one day I will change motors in mine to fix the problem. I just like to mix it up a little bit, and running the gslot stock is a different feel for sure.
Rooster
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale