[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Welcome ALL Newcomers!

Welcome ALL Newcomers!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Welcome ALL Newcomers!

Postby AG Randy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:26 am

A quick intro-
I'm on the central coast of California. Running Carrera digital on the first generation of my "permanent" track. Ver 2.0 on schedule for the holiday race season. We run wireless with SmartRace as the management system. It's a friends and family track running low/no mag. My passion is the late 60s to lay 70s era. Grew up with Riverside nearby and CanAm was a large part of what racing looked like. That is what we run here with a a variety of carrera digital conversions of other brands to fill the grid. Working towards converting a fleet of open wheel cars but that is no small task.
So there you go .
Randy
AG Randy

Postby Alan132 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Moved from Dallas, Tx to the twin cities area of MN about 4 months ago. Still unpacking boxes! Contractors are finishing off the basement now and should be done in about another two weeks. I will have a 30" HO drag strip and an area to build a two lane 1/32 road coarse. The 1/32 track will be 16' x 10' L shaped using braid. Not sure if I will install digital or not but most likely will and wire it to also run straight DC.

I have found one hobby shop here that has the typical selection of 1/32 cars and sets but that is it. They have a couple of big routed tracks in another room but they are covered all the time I go there.

Anyone in this area know of any activity with 1/32 slots?

Thaank you

Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Welcome Back

Postby -Nimrod- » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:00 am

Hi All,

I've jumped back in to slot cars after a few years away. I've been here in the past as NIMROD444 but a lot has changed.
I've lurked here over the past few years on/off and see how continually active the forums are.
Great support from your members and retailers.
After reading Xrayracer's post, it was time for my comeback too.
I look forward to enjoying your company in sharing this hobby.

I recently finished building my Man Cave, took 3-4 years to complete, but has everything I enjoy as a hobby, including a Kitchen, toilet, heating and Aircon.
The Wife calls it "Tinkering" whenever i'm out there.
Time has been my biggest issue, but as the kids have grown these last few years, i'm no longer cool enough to hangout with.
I've Used Artin (Still have a mint 4 lane set and best 1/32 track ever) and SCX plastic mostly in the past and recently had a wood track built and shipped from Canberra to my place in Victoria.
Wood is a whole new ball game, my Slot-it's can finally show their metal.
The original dream was to have a track fill the whole 9m x 6m shed, but 6m x 1.8m is good enough for now.
I'll post pics, but can anyone suggest a good host, Photobucket seems to have issues.
My love for 1960's Lemans cars has now got me into nearly all the differing scales.
Flyslot with their 917k and Ferrari's, the same with Carrera 1/24 and BRM 1/24 and the Kyosho 1/43, even AFX GT40's and Daytona's
But really any race car or road car of the 1950's to modern will fit in race car garage.

See you all in the Forums
Cheers
-Nimrod-
-Nimrod-
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MadMike » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:38 am

Just wanted to say Hi! New to this forum, but not to slot cars. Spent most of my time on another forum, but this one seems much more active and more balanced. I have been running SSDC for the last several years. Just now switched over to Arc Pro. Building a new table now, which is half the fun.
MadMike

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:55 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TAMELESSTGR » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:34 am

Hello to the forum. Name is Ken and I have been slot car racing on and off for some time. My dad had a large HO slot car track when I was a youngster. I recently picked up a huge ARTIN 1/32 set at a garage sale and I'm hooked again. I have been buying up all sorts of analog and digital cars to build up our collection. I have two boys ages 10 and 12. I'm starting t o look into making some type of garages and buildings for our oval track.
TAMELESSTGR

Postby chappyman66 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Welcome, Ken. Lots of folks had or have Artin 1/32 cars and track. Good track, I had a 4 lane layout that I enjoyed for years. Current Carrera is very similar but without the "gutter".
Great folks to help you here if you have questions.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TAMELESSTGR » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:03 am

I had a 2 lane roadcourse set up with the Artin set, but we went back to a 4 lane oval, more fun when family and friends come over. I've read up on a lot of the track improvements, I have all ready made the 2" tall curved walls to keep cars from hitting the floor. Over winter break I plan on adding some additional fencing and going through all our cars to clean and oil them.

I just discovered a gentlemen on ebay selling resin bodies. I picked up an 81 Regal I plan on turning into a stock car with one of the extra Artin chassis I have. Youtube has some great videos on resin casting, might try my hand at that also. The cars that are coming out now are great, but there is just something about making one your own. I love the tweaking and design/painting.

On my want list to build:
55' Chevy stock car
81' Regal
70' Trans Am
67' firebird
TAMELESSTGR

Postby TAMELESSTGR » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:59 am

TAMELESSTGR

Postby ausimik » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:16 am

Thank You sir.
Best wishes to all for the New Year
ausimik

Postby REL13 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi, I am new to this Forum. I live in South Eastern Conn. and I race HO, 1/32 and 1/24. I have a 4'x 8' -4 lane routed HO road course and a 6 lane 13'x7' oval made with Carrea track. I use a Trackmate timing system. I also race 1/24 Modifies at the local commercial track.
REL13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:56 pm

Welcome aboard fellow slotters!!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby REL13 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:36 pm

Thank you for having me. Happy New Year to all of you.
REL13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby viejoronnie » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:50 am

Thanks for add Harry.

viejoronnie here from central Texas. Old slot car racer from 50 years ago...long time lurker here.
viejoronnie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TonyK » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Thanks for the add ... Great site for info.... I'll be asking for help from time to time and this is the place that I can find the answers

T
TonyK

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale