[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Welcome ALL Newcomers!

Welcome ALL Newcomers!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Welcome ALL Newcomers!

Postby CrockettNZ » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi Bram
good to see you here and I am sure Munter will be to
I have known Bram though auslot forum for quite some time know
he is known as the put a pioneer chassis under anything king
he has some very nice builds to share
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:31 pm

Welcome to HRW, Bram!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Welcome ALL Newcomers!

Postby watchticktock » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:30 pm

Hello HRW,

I'm Brian. I'm new to the forum. I've been enjoying "Scalextric" since I can remember. 35+years maybe, as I'm 40 now. I have never been a builder of cars, unless glueing parts back on counts.

Brian.
watchticktock

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:01 am

That is how I started 'building' Brian, Welcome!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:17 pm

Hi Brian

welcome to HRW, you will find all the infos you need,
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:35 pm

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby CJR » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:27 am

Long time lurker. I don't have a track or cars yet, but I will soon. Looking at digital options. I think digital is the future :clap:
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:05 am

Glad you came aboard. No way to do it wrong, so I bet you will have fun.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby epowr » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:24 pm

Hello HRW group. I am just getting started in slot cars, kinda; I am 53 and like most young whippersnappers back in the 60's and 70's I had track sets. AFX and the good old slotless TCR brand. Had lots and lots of fun with them but being an old-timer now, it's just different. I bought my grandson one of those Bass Pro Sets a year ago, he was 3 at the time and not 100% ready for slot cars. He is 4 now and is doing well. So, I guess I might be using him as my excuse :lol:

Be patient with me, I have discovered a lot has changed and I have lots of stupid questions. I did join one other forum and they are a good group, best I can tell. I found Harry's e-address and he has been very kind, so I thought I'd hang out here a bit also, if that's ok with everyone.
epowr

Postby 2FER SLOTS » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:31 pm

Nice to have ya !
One big happy family, us slot racers.
You see some familiar names on the other forums......'s all good :dance:
2FER SLOTS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dan1955 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:19 am

New to site. Been looking at posts. Want to build a wood track. looking for info on how to start building it. I like road courses. I live near Watkins Glen road course and it is one of the courses I would like to build. Sebring is also a track I am interested in. Please direct me in the right direction to start my track.
Thanks
Dan
dan1955

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:32 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SpeedyNH » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:46 pm

this can get quite complex. layout-Wise (no pun intended), I'd say, pick out your favorite parts from your favorite tracks, add a long straight and some sweepers, try to make it into a bent figure-8 for lane equalization and then try to fit it all together in the space you have. you can always change it later.
that also gets you some elevation changes because you have to cross over, which you can do a Lot with, if you mix it up with straights on those parts and corners or sharp reversals in 'em. these cars seem to like short straights and lots of turns mixed in with the longer ones.
and don't forget the chicanes! (house rule- no flipping from behind or you're out.)
I personally don't like a track so much that has all-lefts and then all-rights, although there is something to be said for that; I try to mix it up a little, say, two-or-three of one and the one-or-two of the other.
it ain't easy, as they say. I'm still a student of track design, although I do have my ideal.
I'm sure that others will chime in, because that's not necessarily (almost for sure!) what everyone else does. but it works for me, because I love driving 'em. I bet you will too. you gotta have a rhythm that you'll remember for the rest of your life. I have two favorites.
just my take.
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot GT » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:04 am

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RobNC » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:41 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Robin Petree and I live just north of Winston-Salem, NC. I have watched the forum for sometime now and I am very impressed with all the talent and knowledge displayed here. It has helped me a lot. I started out with slotcars in the late 60's and and finally built a routed road course a few years ago and presently have a routed oval. I enjoy 1/32 and 1/24 cars and hope to be able to post some builds in the future when time permits. Thanks to everyone for the great info that you provide.

Robin
RobNC

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale