[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Welcome ALL Newcomers!

Welcome ALL Newcomers!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Welcome ALL Newcomers!

Postby Josh S » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:47 pm

I just came across this thread and wanted to say hello to everyone! 'Drewbert34' led me to this site a couple weeks ago, and I am really enjoying it here. Thanks to everyone who makes this site possible.

I'll share a little about myself. I'm 25 years old. My wife and two year old son currently reside in the Greenville/Spartanburg, SC area (The Upstate). I work for the BMW Performance Center and have been there for about three years now. My family and I have always been big racing fans, but I just started slot car racing middle of last year. When I was about five years old, my dad had a basic analog set that we really enjoyed. For the next 19 years, I completely forgot about slot cars. I then happened to come across digital slot car racing last year when I eill looking for a rscetrack for my son and haven't looked back. Some of you may have already seen my thread 'Snyderville Speedway'. I have a decent size Carrera Digital layout in my garage and am constantly doing new stuff with it. I'm not very good at working on the cars yet, but I'm getting there slowly but surely. In addition to the digital racing, I also run in a GTP and Nascar lexan body class at the local routed wood track.

Thanks for having me!
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cantabriamadrid » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:08 am

Hello to all.
I appear from Madrid, Spain.
I am fan of the slot since I was a child. I am a graphical designer, rotulist and modeller. I have realized works for equipments of competition of cars and motorcycles 1:1. And also I do models of all the scales, between them of slot. I like very much the scratch and bulding. I am 48 years old and live between Madrid and Santander.
I knew this forum some time ago, and a few days ago I registered.
Regards
cantabriamadrid

Postby strangebrew » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:40 pm

Welcome.....I'm sure you'll enjoy.
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ReadingRich » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum so I thought I'd say hello.
I'm 36 from Calne in England.
As many I had slot cars as a kids and due to nagging from my own little bundles have recently got into the hobby again, mostly at home on Hornby Scalextric track but also at a local club on a wooden track when work allows.
I'm looking forward to interacting with other forum members to further my slot racing at home and at the club.

Rich
ReadingRich

Postby lotuscortina » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:04 pm

Welcome Rich, This is a great Forum.
Nige.
lotuscortina

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:58 pm

Yes, welcome! Hope to see you join in soon.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ReadingRich » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:06 pm

Cheer fellas
ReadingRich

Postby LolaGT » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Hello all,

My name is Ken, and I found this forum while searching for information on a 1960's 1/32 scale Monogram Lola T70 homeset car.

I used to race HO, 1/24 GTP and various wing cars years ago, but the 1/32 scale Eldon track my dad had when I was five was the one I enjoyed most.

I've been collecting 1/32 scale cars from the 1960's for awhile now, and now that the kids are gone I'm planning on building a Revell 4 lane track this summer.

Thank you,
Ken (LolaGT)
LolaGT

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:41 pm

Hi Ken,
Welcome!
And yes, there are a few of us who still run our vintage cars. I have Eldon, Strombecker, Monogram and Revell either running or in stages of repair.
There are lots of options for modern replacement parts too...much better than 10 or 15 years ago.
And BTW.....the Monogram T70 is widely available.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby subwayaz » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:52 am

, I'm really glad to be here and haven't been in this hobby since I was a teen; which was 30+ years ago. Then I raced 1/24 scale at a local commercial track in NYC called Peter Pan Raceway. Now I'm looking to set up my own home track. After I do my research on what type track and how to. Hope to learn quite a bit about Track developement and the Cars.
Thanks for the add to the group and in comment I'm sure we'll meet.
Great racing to all
subwayaz

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:37 am

Welcome 'back' subwayaz. Take a couple weeks to decide what to do. Whether HO, 1/43, 1/32, or 1/24 and whether analog or digital - you'll get addicted quickly and will love it. So many more options to choose from. I suggest you research some things here and go with a brand of track that you can easily find and expand. Plenty of support and links to answers at this site.
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby subwayaz » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:50 pm

subwayaz

Postby remybob78 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:53 am

Hi there! I'm Rob, saying hello from California! I'm hoping to find other enthusiasts in this area, maybe start a club or something...

I've been a huge fan of this hobby since I purchased my Ninco "DTM" racing set almost 15 years ago. Since then I've been gradually buying more cars and tracks. I don't have a lot of space in my home so I'm pretty much a "carpet racer"! I build a new track every few weeks, then have to tear it down after a few days of racing fun.

My track is all Ninco, and I've upgraded the stock power supplies to a proper regulated DC Lab grade power supply with adjustable voltage - love it! I still use the stock Ninco controllers, although I've opened them up and modified the springs a little bit for a "stiffer" trigger feeling. My cars are a variety of Ninco, Fly, Scalextric and most recently, Slot-It and Racer "Sidweways" (or whatever they're called.)

My favorite cars are the Scalextric LMPs - I have 4 different versions of the Lola MG LMP car - very nice for 4 lane racing to have 4 identical cars. I also love the Slot-It cars, they are by far the fastest of all the cars I have. The McLaren F1 GTR, the Nissan R390 and the Porsche 911 Evo are the 3 that I have. The Porsche is the only anglewinder that I have, and is definitely the fastest of all the cars I own.

Anyway, glad to be here and thank you for all the helpful stuff on this forum.

Regards
Rob
remybob78

Postby RazorJon » Wed May 31, 2017 11:13 am

Welcome everyone

Rob check out our members track map :text-welcomewave:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed May 31, 2017 11:45 am

Welcome Rob. Sounds like you have a great home setup.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale