Welcome ALL Newcomers!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Welcome ALL Newcomers!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:38 pm

Hello !!
I live in Buffalo but am currently visiting my daughter in Vegas.
Upon my return home I want my own track !!
I race 1/32 cars, so..should I buy the track or make my own ?
The area available to me is 6 x 9.
I race on plastic at a local hobby store. 6 lanes of analog , each lane 220 feet
This is a new hobby for me and I am really enjoying it. To date..10 Scaleys and 1 Carrera.
What brand of cars do you like/race ?
:text-thankyouyellow:
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:03 pm

Welcome to HRW.

I would say get a plastic track like you are used to racing on. Talk to your dealer at the store and I am sure they will take care of you.

I like Carrera, Slot.it, Scaley too. Nothing wrong with those brands.
-Harry

"They didn't say you couldn't" - Smokey

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby stillplayswithtoycars » Wed May 14, 2014 12:35 am

Hey y'all.

Been on SCI for a while, and I've come across hrw a few times. Decided to start partaking here, after realizing I've used a few tips from HRWs articles before that have really helped.

See ya around!

Cory
Cory
stillplayswithtoycars

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed May 14, 2014 5:58 am

Welcome Cory, glad you made it :)
-Harry

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Indy500Lee » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:30 am

I may Not be a Newcomer, But I have not been around for a while, in the old forum I use to be LancerLee, I donot have my Lancer anymore but, I am back racing again and having fun!! Look forward to talking and maybe meeting up and racing together!!

Lee :banana-dance:
When I Am Not At The Indianapolis Motor Speedway, I Am Slotcar Racing!
Indy500Lee

Postby Turnpike » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:03 pm

Hi
Been lurking around a while and I finally decided to jump in... I've re-entered the slot car hobby after a 45 year absence and I kinda went nuts as I have all three scales HO, 1/32nd and 1/25th. I've set up my own set of tracks that my Son and I run our cars on which consist of a vintage AMT turnpike that I've modified to run both the Actual Turnpike cars and the standard 1/25th scale cars on. The remaining tracks are Strombecker 1/32nd and Aurora Thunderjet HO. The present day detail of the cars especially the 1/32nd cars is fantastic and for the most part they go pretty good too. I managed to get my old T-jets up and running again along with some re-releases from Autoworld . The 1/32nd stuff is a mix of
Revell/Monogram , Scalextric ,Carrera and Fly ....I'm a major GT40 fan ... The 1/25th scale cars are AMT slot stars that I've manged to get running rather well and of course the old Turnpikes ....
I've got some learning to do to get up on how things are done now as we do have a Commercial track nearby and I'd like to build something really competitive. My Son and I have joined the racing there a few times and I've noticed a trend ... the majority of us there have grey hair so I guess its true you can grow old on the outside but still stay young on the inside! Thanks!
Turnpike

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:09 pm

Welcome to HRW. Sounds like a lot of folks around here who have come back to the hobby. Hope we can help you from time to time.
-Harry

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Turnpike - Welcome! This is really the place to be! Sounds like you have the bug VERY bad with three scales. You'll fit right in here! We'd love to see your setups, so start a new thread and let us see.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Turnpike » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi
Thanks for the welcome, I'll post some pics as soon as I figure it out... as it appears I require a Flickr or Photo bucket site to link to , which I do not have at present...
We're still working on scenery, buildings etc. to give the tracks some life...
Turnpike

Postby driva137 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:35 pm

Hi HRWers, :text-thankyouyellow: for a great forum.

I'm into Subie's, V8's and street cars. My temp track is a scally analogue on a 8'x4' ply sheet which i am converting to digital.
With plans of creating 2 12'x6' setups, the 1st a replica of my local track Pukekohe park raceway with an alternate track on the infield, the other a small country town surround by winding country road and a dead end gravel road with a loop at the end, with scenery to match.
The 2nd one is is inspired by what i have seen on HRW like the route 66 Rally road by downtowndeco and embers muscle car barn and all the others i've seen, it's just in my imagination at the moment but the 1st i have most of the corners in my current setup.

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and inspiration.
WRXR Racing
driva137

Postby VCR » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Thank you for accepting me into your community. I live in Portugal. Since our club closed that I pretty much just race at home in a Digital Carrera. Lately I've been dedicating my time to making detailed photographs of slots and building competition chassis for Carrera and SCX. I'm planing to share same of the videos in the forum.

Thanks again, VCR
VCR

Postby ShotgunDave » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:16 pm

Welcome to HRW! Hope you enjoy it here and find lots of helpful info! You're picture taking abilities really shine! You'll fit right in here! :text-welcomewave:
ShotgunDave
Connoisseur of Rust

Postby VCR » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:08 am

VCR

Postby Littleshark » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:24 am

Hello from down under. I live in the mid north of South Australia. I have been slot car collecting and racing for over fifty years, but now do most of my driving alone on a Carrera track. Looking forward to reading your forums, and contributing if I feel I may be useful.
Littleshark

Postby ShotgunDave » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:34 am

Welcome to HRW! Lots of good folks and info here. Any questions just ask away.
ShotgunDave
Connoisseur of Rust

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale