Welcome ALL Newcomers!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Welcome ALL Newcomers!

Postby fantasy racer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:42 pm

just wanted to say thank you, as a child every xmas i wanted a AFX track some where along the way i forgot how much fun it was. well one day at work i walked pass one of my clerks desk and she wzs on a slot car site,i poltely aske if i could see her in my office, when she entered i could see she thought he is going to chew me up, i askdd her to have a seat and these where my exact words candice i have never had a issue with you but if you cannot assist me all of that may change. my question to you is how long have you been into slot cars her response was im not my husband is and it keeps him home instead of in the streets and from time to time i like to surprise him with a couple of cars i said ok this is what i need from you by c.ob. today i need websites on slot cars your husbands cell phone and to find me several sytems and help me decide on wich one i want and thanks to candice im back in heaven this hobby is so amazing and the technology advacement floored me thanks for letting me be part of you guys :)
fantasy racer

Postby dreinecke » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:46 pm

Welcome! I've never seen anyone scare an employee with slot cars, but you may just have LOL! So, what setup did you end up with?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ShotgunDave » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:30 pm

Welcome fantasy racer! You landed in the right spot for sure!
Don't hesitate to ask questions. This is a great bunch here.
ShotgunDave
Connoisseur of Rust

Postby fantasy racer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:07 pm

hey guys i ended up going with carrera digital but i would like to say i have investigated and have come up with this i purchased four sets i recieved them on wed took off work thur and fri i love the sets but this is what i purchased today i ordered oldslotcarguys video went to home depot purchased a router .6 sheets of MDF,stoped in radio shack and purchased all of the items needed to make the dual box anlog/dig from slotbaer website i have completed the box for chipping the lanes in order to run no carrera digital cars. i also have built using cardboard with foam centers my command tower i purchased some of the carrera pit garages but didint like the sit alone building so i placed the garages and enclosed with the cardboard and created a brick pattern so i have been a little busy. my wife says to me i cant believe you are doing this i wish i had known years ago that this is al it takes to keep you in the house and by the way i used your card because i noticed you had no pink cars and i need my own i would also like for you to paint the inside of my garages pink and add light inside so long story short guys not only am i revisiting a lovely child hood hobby but the greatest thing of all my wife and I are bonding and having a ball the funniest thing was she had made a sign to glue on my back not realizing that crazy glue isnt elmers and says hey baby i was going to put this on your back but my fingers are stuck and i replied OH MY YOU DIDNT USE CRAZY GLUE DID YOU? HER RESPONSE YES I SAID THATS A 24 HR BOND THEN YOU CAN HAVE IT SCRAPED BY A RAZOR LOL THANKS GUYS...OH YEAH RMS RESINS I THINK YOU ARE ONE OF A KIND YOUR CRAFTSMANSHIP IS TRUELY A GIFT MY FRIEND AND WE WILL DEF BECOME ONE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS YOUR WORK IS AWSOME GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
fantasy racer

Postby Ember » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:36 pm

Thanks for the chuckle Fantasy Racer, although I do feel a little sorry for Ms Candice. Mighty glad to hear you've rediscovered the joy.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Shotguns Hunny » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Thank you for letting me become part of your board!
Hope you can handle a Gordon Fan :banana-rock: :banana-rock:
Shotguns Hunny

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Shotguns Hunny wrote:Thank you for letting me become part of your board!

Welcome to Dave's Bos...er.....Household Manager! :banana-rock:

Gordon who? Is that his first or last name? :think:
"My dear partner, when what's left of you gets to what's left to be gotten, what's left to be gotten won't be worth getting what ever it is you've got left!" Danny Kaye, White Christmas
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:59 pm

Welcome to HRW. I mean that...even with your driver choice :)

Just kidding. Welcome.

Now...you NEED about 20 or so NASCARS for the new oval. Shall I make you a list? You need more than just one...your favorite driver needs someone to rub against right? You know, like the 1:1 does. Think of it as adding realism :)
-Harry

"They didn't say you couldn't" - Smokey

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ShotgunDave » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:57 pm

Welcome to the Funhouse Hunny! Now we gotta get ya a Midget built!
ShotgunDave
Connoisseur of Rust

Postby Shotguns Hunny » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:24 pm

HomeRacingWorld wrote:Welcome to HRW. I mean that...even with your driver choice :)

Just kidding. Welcome.

Now...you NEED about 20 or so NASCARS for the new oval. Shall I make you a list? You need more than just one...your favorite driver needs someone to rub against right? You know, like the 1:1 does. Think of it as adding realism :)

Thanks Harry send me that list but I already have a pretty good start and they are alllllll mine! :dance:

Shotguns Hunny

Postby sixtiesracer » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:45 pm

Welcome to the family!!! :clap: Get that Midget finished.Paint it Pink ,There's been several cars and drivers that made it their trademark.The was the "Tickle me Pink " Funny Car, and Donna Mae Mims,raced sports cars in SCCA events and they were always Pink.There was an Indy Roadster that was Pink as well.
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby RazorJon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:46 pm

Shotguns Hunny wrote:Thank you for letting me become part of your board!

hello, glad to see ya on HRW :dance:

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Shotguns Hunny » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:05 pm

bibbster wrote:Welcome aboard young lady! Now David will have to behave himself. :lol:

Looking forward to your midget build, and those Nascars look like a good start to a nice roundy round collection. :)

Thanks for the welcome.
Don't worry I won't throw out the ball and chain, David can still be naughty. :oops:
You can bet my midget will have something " Gordon" on it.
Shotguns Hunny

Postby RazorJon » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:28 pm

Welcome one and all, Found it George,AKA Whitecloud :text-welcomewave: shipping your jig today :music-rockout:

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:03 pm

Hey Scotscim, you made it!

Welcome! This really is the place to come for Oval racing enthusiasts.

It's also friendly, supportive, endlessly informative, and fun!

I can pretty much guarantee you'll be back again and again.

David.
Never ask a man where 'e's from.
If 'e's from Yorkshire, 'e'll tell you - within the first five minutes.
. . . and if 'e's not,you don't want to embarrass 'im.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale