Welcome ALL Newcomers!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Welcome ALL Newcomers!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed May 31, 2017 11:45 am

Welcome Rob. Sounds like you have a great home setup.
-Harry

"They didn't say you couldn't" - Smokey

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ShotgunDave » Wed May 31, 2017 3:38 pm

Welcome aboard everyone! Very glad to have you here!

Rob, where at in California are you? If you're close, it would be nice to get together for a little racing!
ShotgunDave
Connoisseur of Rust

Postby AG Randy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:26 am

A quick intro-
I'm on the central coast of California. Running Carrera digital on the first generation of my "permanent" track. Ver 2.0 on schedule for the holiday race season. We run wireless with SmartRace as the management system. It's a friends and family track running low/no mag. My passion is the late 60s to lay 70s era. Grew up with Riverside nearby and CanAm was a large part of what racing looked like. That is what we run here with a a variety of carrera digital conversions of other brands to fill the grid. Working towards converting a fleet of open wheel cars but that is no small task.
So there you go .
Randy
AG Randy

Postby Alan132 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Moved from Dallas, Tx to the twin cities area of MN about 4 months ago. Still unpacking boxes! Contractors are finishing off the basement now and should be done in about another two weeks. I will have a 30" HO drag strip and an area to build a two lane 1/32 road coarse. The 1/32 track will be 16' x 10' L shaped using braid. Not sure if I will install digital or not but most likely will and wire it to also run straight DC.

I have found one hobby shop here that has the typical selection of 1/32 cars and sets but that is it. They have a couple of big routed tracks in another room but they are covered all the time I go there.

Anyone in this area know of any activity with 1/32 slots?

Thaank you

Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Welcome Back

Postby -Nimrod- » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:00 am

Hi All,

I've jumped back in to slot cars after a few years away. I've been here in the past as NIMROD444 but a lot has changed.
I've lurked here over the past few years on/off and see how continually active the forums are.
Great support from your members and retailers.
After reading Xrayracer's post, it was time for my comeback too.
I look forward to enjoying your company in sharing this hobby.

I recently finished building my Man Cave, took 3-4 years to complete, but has everything I enjoy as a hobby, including a Kitchen, toilet, heating and Aircon.
The Wife calls it "Tinkering" whenever i'm out there.
Time has been my biggest issue, but as the kids have grown these last few years, i'm no longer cool enough to hangout with.
I've Used Artin (Still have a mint 4 lane set and best 1/32 track ever) and SCX plastic mostly in the past and recently had a wood track built and shipped from Canberra to my place in Victoria.
Wood is a whole new ball game, my Slot-it's can finally show their metal.
The original dream was to have a track fill the whole 9m x 6m shed, but 6m x 1.8m is good enough for now.
I'll post pics, but can anyone suggest a good host, Photobucket seems to have issues.
My love for 1960's Lemans cars has now got me into nearly all the differing scales.
Flyslot with their 917k and Ferrari's, the same with Carrera 1/24 and BRM 1/24 and the Kyosho 1/43, even AFX GT40's and Daytona's
But really any race car or road car of the 1950's to modern will fit in race car garage.

See you all in the Forums
Cheers
-Nimrod-
-Nimrod-

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale