What is Your Preferred Approach to Selling Off Slot Cars?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

What is Your Preferred Approach to Selling Off Slot Cars?

Postby pgtr » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:28 am

Since a number of folks brought up selling off cars and 'thinning' collections in a previous thread, that begs another question. Obviously there are a lot of options such as online auctions, forums (like right here at HRW), giving them to a favorite niece or nephew etc.

What methods or approaches do you prefer when it's time to pass on that one slot car or those many slot cars...? Any methods that just didn't work for you?
pgtr

Re: What is Your Preferred Approach to Selling Off Slot Cars

Postby dreinecke » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:58 am

I first try to find a kid locally that might like them. I've given about 15+ cars away this way to the three families I've gotten tracks for. Those kids love them. I try to do them in pairs so they have something to race with.

I then sell here first and then eBay. I'd prefer to sell them to folks that would like to use them.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:45 am

My preferred approach is here on HRW. I've been able to sell most anything I've put on here with hardly any problems.
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby KnowtoriousWon » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:16 pm

I used to go to some of the big slot car swap meets like Chicago and Clevland, but now you have to give them away and then offer lunch with it. So if you are looking for a good deal on common cars the swap meets might be a good place to go. I like offering items here on HRW but if I have a valuable vintage item it's hard to best eBay. A lot of the vintage 60s cars like Monogram and Cox I remove the motor and guide so that my four year old can play with them like they are 1/32 scale Hot Wheels.
KnowtoriousWon

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale