[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Preferred Gauge of Wire for Guide Leads?

Preferred Gauge of Wire for Guide Leads?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Preferred Gauge of Wire for Guide Leads?

Postby pgtr » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:40 pm

I've seen some new slot cars with such fine guage wires to be little thicker than a human hair. I've purchased a few used models with such thick (inflexible) wires the guide hardly rotated.

I know that sometimes wires are stiffer because of age setting into the insulation and stiffening or different materials are used the insulator. Ignoring that for the moment - what is your preferred gauge of wire and do you like it a little on the stiff or flexible side?
pgtr

Re: Preferred Gauge of Wire for Guide Leads?

Postby dreinecke » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:43 pm

Not sure of the exact guage, but I LOVE this stuff: http://www.slotcarcorner.com/1-32-Slot- ... t-p65.html

Seriously easy to use and very flexible. Plus the customer service there doesn't suck! :)
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dangermouse » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:46 pm

I bought some 20 AWG silicone wire and it works fine

cost me about $5 for 2 metres from eBay - for my smaller F1 cars I used 22AWG which worked fine

I recall the 20 is better for putting into the standard eyelets.

cheers
David

wire in David's link looks the go.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Abarth Mike » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Abarth Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:57 am

I've been using Professor Motor silicone lead wires on most of my cars. I think it was 10 meters long, still have a bunch of it. It seems to be quite sufficient in carrying voltage and amperage. That's good enough for me. I have some TQ Dragwire and it's way too big for 1/32. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:50 pm

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale