[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - plastic vs. metal

plastic vs. metal

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: plastic vs. metal

Postby DHansen » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:07 pm

DHansen
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:11 pm

Marty;

So Dennis finally came out with a coined nose piece. The car I have from him has a separate guide
tongue soldered on. I think I will invest in one. I also have a Can-Am chassis built by him. He and I
are both fans of Peter Bryant, and are the only ones who actually paint the Ti-22 bodies the way
they were actually painted.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:19 pm

In this link the Champion Thumper chassis looks like it's brass, but I've only seen it in steel. Is this just the lighting, or is there really a brass version of this for $8? If so it would be a better deal than that Parma brass chassis at $11. Brass is great for cutting and soldering, but the steel one will probably take more abuse and stay straight.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby slothead » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:19 pm

slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby DHansen » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:59 pm

I beleive that is just the lighting. I've never seen a brass Champion Thumper chassis before.
DHansen
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:58 am

The extra bracing on Ninco is to stop the dreaded Ninco hop.
I think the torque in the motor causes the plastic chassis to flex too much and so she starts hopping (also don't know if I have ever seen a Ninco sidewinder??)

Before bracing

After bracing

I have braced most of my Ninco cars sometimes simply with a piece of plastic card cut to fit on the pan behind the motor and under the axle but usually with a piece of 90 degree angled aluminium cut to shape and glued up against the motor and onto the pan under the axle.
Works a treat.

My brother did the car in the video I think he just used a bit of hot glue (ok maybe a lot of hot glue :lol: )

David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale