[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New chassis from Pro-Track Corp.

New chassis from Pro-Track Corp.

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

New chassis from Pro-Track Corp.

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:07 am

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: New chassis from Pro-Track Corp.

Postby paul gage » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:25 am

Hi Bob, got you covered, I make a PGT-22160, PGT-22120, PGT-21100, PGT-20120, PGT-20110, and PGT-20100. "0" on the end means no groove of course. Some of them fit the new Slot.it double flanged wheels nicely too. If you can PM the wheel dimensions, OD and Width of the wheel itself, I'll let you know what fits...cheers...Paul
paul gage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:06 am

Thanks Bob, nice review. Appears commercial racers have another option.

I am told you can get it in unassembled form cheaper. But I am surprised at the low end parts where it counts for the price. Also appears to be a design flaw if the motor mount is too far forward. Shame really. Yet, most inline commercial type chassis are like that. Allowing gear ratio changes easier because there is not a diameter limit on the pinion.

Still, a new design chassis could have made it to where it worked.

I was supposed to have one for review. If I get one I'll add what I can to your great review.

Way to go Paul! That's being on the ball.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Fubar Motorsports » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:18 am

Fubar Motorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:02 am

I have been aware of this development for quite some time. Greg Walker told me what he was up to almost 2 years ago. I've seen just about every prototype that was brought out for testing. I even had the privilege of doing some testing of the prototypes.

Any time that someone brings out a new chassis for 1/32, I am very impressed. This chassis is one of the most impressive examples of a new product that I have seen lately.

You had mentioned this is geared toward the commercial raceways and possibly larger home tracks. With the standard motor, in my opinion it will be way too much motor for the typical home track. Also the guide flag might cause issues on all by routed tracks with a 1/8 by 1/4 slot. Changing to say a Slot.It guide is something that will require an additional guide flag tongue to be installed on the chassis. Fortunately the designer of this chassis foresaw that need and made the guide flag tongue changable.

Both front and rear axles are supported by 3/16 x 3/32 oilite bushings. It is also a standard size, so replacing these with bearings can easily be facilitated. My opinion is that while ball bearings do not necessarily make the car faster, they will keep the car running at an optimum level for a longer time. The life of ball bearings is longer and for long endurance races, I think this is a very important option.

Interesting about the positioning of the motor. However since the entire chassis is 'modular' a new design is much easier to incorporate. From a quick glance, I see about a .125 distance that can be eliminated without any cutting involved. Just my opinion of course.

I would like to get my hands on one of these and go through it with a fine tooth comb. I do believe this is going to be a very interesting chassis available for the advanced 1/32 racer.

I like it!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:35 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:52 am

I didn't try moving the axle to the forward position as it looked like it would place the crown gear up against the bracket. It may be possible to move the bushings forward and still have clearance with a smaller crown gear and to trim the motor armature shaft. I will check it out later today and get back with the results. However I do not think it is advisable to try to alter the position of the motor bracket as it seems tightly locked into the chassis. I'm not keen on trying to alter the location of the motor bracket if it involves cutting on the chassis as it could end up being an expensive mistake.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:31 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:25 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:26 pm

Mikey wore palm tree shirts as well! :banana-rock:
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:29 pm

Not in the Life cereal commercial... :lol:

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby smithspeedway » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:33 pm

We were under the impression from the flyers that the car was $40 unassembled. Apparently, that's not the case. The chassis alone seems to be $40. I'll update once I have more information. I wasn't looking at this from a commercial track standpoint. We run on a small flat oval. Metal chassis cars always outperform plastic cars. We were hoping for a car to fit Boss Bodies at a good price. Why can't there be something like the H&R in 1/32 scale? You get a heckuva car for under $45 from those guys.

NOTE to Harry - We're waiting to get price issue and info from the flyers sorted out before we send it. We received only chassis (as opposed to car kits). If this is really an $80 car, while I realize there are many who will buy them, our customers won't.
smithspeedway
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:46 pm

The Pro Track chassis does look interesting. I believe you could use spacers between the bushings and wheels to set the gear mesh like commercial track cars so you could use regular crown gears like PSE's etc. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:52 pm

Since I know you don't care to hear what I have to say…….I'll ask a question.

What are those round spots between the front axel and the motor?
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale