[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New MINI Countryman WRC

New MINI Countryman WRC

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

New MINI Countryman WRC

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:23 am

Photos of the new Carrera D132 MINI Countryman 30615.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Re: New MINI Countryman WRC

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:49 am

Thanks Dave.

I know you are happy :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Why a guy would want a "Bini" is beyond me.... :shock:

I'd put those guys right up there with those who would buy a Scion Xb... :lol:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby ElSecundo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:36 pm

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:49 pm

I've liked them ever since I started calling them X-Box (which drives my son who knows what an X-Box actually is), crazy. But they ruined it after the first two years, anyway.

More to the point, I don't know why people hated the real Clubman. Seemed okay to me. Apparently, the new fake Mini has a Clubman version that is popular. If they make a fake Mini Ute, I may have to reconsider how much I dislike overpriced European bozos who make new cars with old car labels on them. Oh wait... the bozo Americans do it too. Malibu, Impala, Camaro, Charger, 300, Challenger, etc. What's next? How about an SUV called "Thunderbird", or a econocrapbox called "Imperial"? After all, Cadillac has been making a very speedy luxury panel truck for years now. I guess I'll keep my Roadmaster revival.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby FootScoot » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:24 am

I'm still trying to figure out if I like it or not. I has some appeal, but something's not quite right. Must be the stance, the scoop on the roof, and the overly done rear spoiler. Hey, I can fix all that, we have the technology. :lol:
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:48 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:37 am

Gotta say Carrera has been cranking out some mighty fine looking models and at a price point that makes them impossible to turn away from.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:33 pm

I think you are remembering the Austin Clubman, which was so ugly trains would duck down a dirt road to avoid them. Here's the Clubman of the Mini line:

Here's my favorite Mini of all, the Traveller.

Last edited by waaytoomuchintothis on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:45 am

You are right.

I had a real Mini Clubman.

Not only did it look a complete dog, the build quality was atrocious - even by the dodgy standards of Trotskyite-ridden British Leyland(!),it had the stupid Hydrolastic suspension which ruined its handling;but this didn't really matter, because it went as if it was powered by a perished elastic band.

I didn't keep it long!

But it was a gem compared with BMW's attempt at a Mini. Have you seen the Clubman in real life? Believe me, the Carrera version looks much nicer than the real thing.

If I was going retro, and couldn't afford an original Cooper1275S(which I can't), I'd go for the new FIAT 500 rather than the BMW Mini.

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:50 pm

That British Leyland disaster really was a tragedy for all British marques, but it has to be said, Lucas didn't get any worse! How could it? Loose, Unsoldered Connections And Shorts, that spells Lucas. I had an MGA, can you tell? I still loved that car, even with the sparking dashboard and wipers that only failed when it was raining.

Lucas tried to make vacuum cleaners for a few years, and set the singular record for Lucas products that didn't suck.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale