[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF!

TGIF!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri May 31, 2013 7:59 am

What a week. Lots of building going on here, wish it was all slot cars. But had some mowers that needed rebuilding, but that is all done and ready for some fun.

Locoracer Tom scored a new job and he is coming by Saturday for some much needed time in the old HRW Skunkworks.

What do you folks have going on?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF!

Postby ElSecundo » Fri May 31, 2013 8:02 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Florida_Slotter » Fri May 31, 2013 8:11 am

Since today is Friday, that means a trip to DeBary Glen to test what I've been doing this week.

My Shelby Mustang gets to take it's first laps around Palm Bay later today. I'm hoping it runs just as good as it looks.

ModlerBob got his Rebellion Lola in yesterday, so I'm sure he will be requesting some time on our Scalextric Sport track to see if he can dethrone me and take over the track record once again. But my Dysan Lola is ready to rock & roll, so it should be FUN.

I understand that my new Slot.It Toyota 88c "Denso" car will be there today. I have some tuning to do on that. Also I finally finished up my "white kit" Toyota 88c and get a chance to give it a run today.

Then I'm hoping to find that our Ninco cars have arrived. That should put a topping on the enjoyment.

Hopefully everyone else is looking forward to a day of FUN with slot cars.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby ListerStormGT » Fri May 31, 2013 8:15 am

Sadly, this is supposed to be my 3 day weekend again but I have to work tonight and tomorrow night. So no time for much of anything anymore. I hear a vacation trip away from here calling me...very soon! ;)
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri May 31, 2013 9:12 am

Well... It's already an hour into Saturday here. And I'm afraid no slotty activities for me this weekend. Actually none since Wednesday.

Family crisis time here. I've had to take my mother to hospital. So I'm staying over at their place looking after my Dad until she's out. Dad's got Parkinson's disease, so he struggles to let the world know what he's feeling. After 56 years of marriage I know he misses her something bad, but I'm sure there has to be some mischief we can get into while I'm in charge. ;)
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby RazorJon » Fri May 31, 2013 9:26 am

My Friday will not start till Sat. stupid 2nd shift :doh:

oh and I get to work Saturday 2
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri May 31, 2013 9:55 am

I feel for you, Embs. Caretaking is amazingly hard to do well. And when you do it well, its exhausting both physically and emotionally. Hang in there, kiddo. You can always come to HRW and vent after all. It won't help you physically, but as an emotional salve, it can't be beat.

As for me, I'm jalopy-ing like a madman. I'm finally at the bodywork stage. I may get the first coats of paint on today. I'll see about some progress pics this afternoon.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby FootScoot » Fri May 31, 2013 10:21 am

Supposed to rain all weekend here, so plenty of indoor things going on. May try to finish a couple of projects that have been neglected much too long. The good thing is I won't be mowing grass. :lol:
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri May 31, 2013 11:19 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Austin » Fri May 31, 2013 1:05 pm

Very hard last two days at school, The kids were just out of control, 104 outside and hight 80s inside the class rooms. Nice to be home, down stairs where it is nice and cool.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby moparjenny » Fri May 31, 2013 3:00 pm

Ember, I hope your mom gets better soon!

Tomorrow I'll be at Belle Isle for the Grand-Am and IndyCar races (thanks to Honda and work). Sunday's laundry day. lol
moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby Ember » Fri May 31, 2013 4:52 pm

Thanks guys. It's great to be able to drop in here for a little light relief.

Have fun!
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Derby City Speedway » Fri May 31, 2013 5:03 pm

Hosting club running Saturday night, pulling stumps Sunday
Derby City Speedway
Derby City King

Postby dreinecke » Fri May 31, 2013 5:56 pm

Embs- hope things are ok for you soon. I lost my mom to cancer when she was only 55 and it is not easy being a caregiver. I'd take dad to a slot car track and a pub. Not in that order...

I came home after a mentally exhausting week and found a package from Top Slots & Trains on the porch. The NINCO1 Cars are here! Playtime!!! I'm going to do a mini-re-review of these. Can't wait to crack them open tonight.

I do have to mow the south 40 tomorrow morning and I WILL be doing at least 20+ on the mountain bike on Sunday. Can't wait to hit the trail!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale