[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Few SCX cars coming soon...

Few SCX cars coming soon...

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Few SCX cars coming soon...

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:03 pm

Not all, but a few I think some of you will be interested in.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Few SCX cars coming soon...

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Now that MGA is right up my alley.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:30 pm

Alpine A110 for me and Jenny. :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:45 pm

So, they got reorganised pretty much as is? I like that MGA.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:13 am

I had already planned on grabbing that pink Alpine, but now I see that the green MG has a tonneau cover on it? Oh man, now I need that too. I guess it's time to hit the classifieds to find a second job to fund my habit.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:54 pm

You know I'm going to have that green MGA!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:25 am

I passed on the first round of MGAs but this one looks sweet. How do they run compared with say a Ninco Classic with NC-1?
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:05 am

Speed-wise, they get around about the same, but I find that the Nincos feel better to drive. The motors in the little SCX cars tend to have a bit of on/off going for them, where the Nincos have a smoother power band. The small SCX cars are still a blast to drive, though, and I own more SCX small cars than Ninco NC-1 cars.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:35 am

Thanks. I think I'll pick one up and see what I can do to level the field with some of my other classic cars. Some of my favorite cars are front-engined sports cars from the '50s and '60s. There are so many available from several manufacturers but they don't always perform equally - Monogram Cobra Daytonas Coupe, GS Corvettes and Jaguars - Scalextric and Fly Ferrari 250 GTOs - Ninco Jags, Healeys, Porsches, Ferraris - MRRC Porsches, Fords, Cobras. I'd love to see say a Cobra Daytona Coupe run against a 250 GTO but it seems like it would take considerable work to make them competitive. My tuning skills are basic but I'm learning. I'd love to see a thread series where these cars are modified to be competitive with one another. As much as I'd like to hack up one of my Monogram Daytona Coupes or Grand Sport Corvettes I'm not sure the finished product would be anything worthwhile. I'm tempted to remove the interior from one of my GS Vettes and swap an NC-1 and Ninco running gear in it and see what happens...
Steve
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:13 am

I'll certainly get the MGA and Alpine. I must admit, that Merc is looking good too!
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:36 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby bkrownd » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:36 pm

I already have an older Panda - I'll comment that it's a more stable car than its shape suggests. :) The SCX econobox/hatchbacks (850, Panda, Fura, Horizon(Talbot)) usually run pretty good when the boat-anchor magnet is removed.
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:29 pm

Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:07 pm

Does anyone have a release date or cost on these SCX models yet? I have the MGA on preorder at my local hobby shop, but even they don't know when they'll get them or even how much they'll ultimately cost. With SCX's recent restructuring, I wonder how pricing will be impacted.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:53 am

These new SCX's have been released in Europe this week, which means that we in the US should have them in a week- week and a half.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale