[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Coming from Racer

Coming from Racer

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Coming from Racer

Postby Jesla » Wed May 22, 2013 5:41 pm

No shelf Queens here….They all do battle on the track.
Just fabulous cars, worth every penny and surprisingly durable.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Wed May 22, 2013 6:18 pm

I do have a few of them, but have never ran but one, and it does indeed run very well. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Modlerbob » Thu May 23, 2013 8:01 am

I am now the proud owner of two, the recently released 250 GTO LM64 and a the Piper Racing 250 LM. The first was a fully finished model and it sees very little time on the track. The 250 LM is the less detailed racing kit and it is getting plenty of use. And as Jesla says it seems to be very sturdy and so far has taken no damage other than a missing windshield wiper which I probably didn't properly secure. It's a bit heavier than a standard slot.It car and after replacing the yellow endbell slot.It motor with a milder one it navigates our wood track with ease.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu May 23, 2013 9:06 am

Hey, I think the car is absolutely gorgeous. There is no doubt about that.

However if I bought one and ModlerBob put me into the wall in turn 1 as he has been known to do from time to time, well we might be missing ModlerBob's cheery commentary after that. 8-)

Perhaps I'm still not fully into the 1/32nd slot car ideal. I'm still of the belief that I can build a great slot car. I also think that slot cars should run very well, be almost silent and are there to be enjoyed by the owner. If something happens to the body, it should not deflate the budget to the point where there is no repairing of the problem.

I totally enjoy the cars as built by Slot.It. When they zip by at 12 to 15 fps, I think they not only look good buy sound very good. I can purchase about 5 of them for the price of the car in the first post in this thread. Do I think that car is something I would purchase? Certainly I do. It is a very good looking car. But I just don't think I would race it on a regular basis as it would sustain damage.

Just my opinion, but I'm sticking to it.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Jesla » Thu May 23, 2013 10:55 am

You have to have held and driven one, now…..Pictures do no justice
and they are quite silent, unlike some but not all LMM's.

Marty I surely have never slammed a slot-it I love all 18 of mine.
Racer is totally different animal and not to everyones taste.
When raced with other Racers it adds a new dimension as first
and foremost is to bring the car home. You drive with a different
mind set. Bump and grind happens but there is a lot more give and take.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu May 23, 2013 11:22 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Jesla » Thu May 23, 2013 11:44 am

No, we're good….
Just trying to give a feeling of what is like to run these as a group.
A little more like racing your own 1:1 or a different level you might say.
We run them in long 100 lap sprint races and 300 laps in 3 heats. Box stock no Mag.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Thu May 23, 2013 11:49 am

That pretty much sums it up Jeremy…..
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Thu May 23, 2013 12:20 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Thu May 23, 2013 1:39 pm

Is it worth the cost? Well, can you find five 50 dollar cars on your shelf that are kind of blah?

Even though the drivetrain is all Slot.It, you're getting more than just the body, IMO. You're getting one of the finest driving experiences available in the hobby. There is something about the weight and balance of these cars that gives them a solid feel on the track. With these cars there's a tangible sense of the weight transfer in a corner, so it's more like driving than playing with a toy car. If you've ever played baseball, tennis or golf, you know there's a 'sweet spot' on the bat, racquet or club, and when you hit the ball with that sweet spot, it's effortless -- the ball just launches, no vibration, no twist, no nothing. Taking corners with a Racer is like hitting that sweet spot every time. Combine that driving feel with the best looking cars you've ever seen....it's really an experience every slot car racer should enjoy at least once.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby ElSecundo » Thu May 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Wait, what? Am I buying you a Ferrari? When did that happen? :lol:
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Ember » Thu May 23, 2013 3:26 pm

If you can't afford to replace it, you can't afford to race it. My motto that I stick by.

I have a collection of cars for driving and a collection for photo shoots. I know which collection a Racer would sit in.

I admire you guys that can run them and get the joy out of them that they deserve.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby ElSecundo » Fri May 24, 2013 8:27 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri May 24, 2013 8:45 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic