[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Heads up! Sale notice

Heads up! Sale notice

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Heads up! Sale notice

Postby dreinecke » Mon May 20, 2013 11:06 pm

If you are a newsletter subscriber for TopSlots n Trains in the UK, they have a specials section. I have not purchased a modern-day car in about forever, but with this deal it was too good not to get - all four shipped to me for $81. I would never have paid MSRP for these, but I figured I need some cars for the visitors that won't break, look good, and according to Harry's review run pretty darn well. Worst case, the parts become fodder for projects.

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: Heads up! Sale notice

Postby TsgtRet » Tue May 21, 2013 12:43 pm

:text-link:??
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue May 21, 2013 1:34 pm

I do believe a set of those cars will shortly be on their way to Florida.

ModlerBob will take the Camaros, I'll buy the 2 that are the Mustangs.

Should work out very well for all. Time for "DeBary Race Of Champion" (DROC) cars to come of age!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Modlerbob » Tue May 21, 2013 10:04 pm

They are on the way. Total cost $79.52. Not a bad deal considering the retail for over $50 each.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue May 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Always glad to help out. I really am not much into new cars, but the deal was too good to pass up (especially the MSRP issue) and Harry says they run fantastic. Sounds like my kind of fun!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Wed May 22, 2013 6:55 am

Ah, the magic of it all! At least this type of "Magic" can actually be a winner! 8-)

Two Mustangs, two Camaros. I can see getting them all tuned up and ready to go for some D.R.O.C. cars. Now I can also have the folks that keep asking, "Where are the Camaros at?" get the answer they are looking for, "Here they are."

Does anyone have an idea of what type of aftermarket rear tires fit these cars? I'd like to get them ordered so we can have the tires arrive about the same time the cars do.

So, when is the proxy? :banana-rock:
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Florida_Slotter » Wed May 22, 2013 7:31 am

Bibbster,

Once they arrive I will probably be sending a set of rear tires to New Hampshire to get those guys up at SCC in motion.'

I do like those "Yellow Dogs" a whole lot.

I've seen both Yellow Dogs and PG Tires work very well on our track. So I just keep my quarter handy to make the decision on which tires I'm going to use on a project.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed May 22, 2013 7:50 am

They already have tires that fit.

See my new post for tire info.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby paul gage » Fri May 24, 2013 12:56 pm

Too slow as usual! I just ordered and they advised me my order would not ship untill June 8th as they are closed till then. Anyone else get the same message? I ordered a Ninco C6R and Lambo Diablo along with an SRC Porsche 907K.

b.t.w I have tires for all... Ninco's... PGT-20116, PGT-20126, or PGT-21126 for the fatty look... just enter the number into ebay search engine and you'll find plenty that they fit...cheers...paul
paul gage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun May 26, 2013 8:19 am

My set shipped on the 21st right before they went on holiday as well. Hope to get them this week!

Really looking forward to these!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sun May 26, 2013 8:25 am

My "Yellow Dog" 1201's arrived on Friday.

Just waiting for the package to arrive from Tops Slot N Trains.

Hopefully we get to play, err do some testing this coming Friday.

More to follow, but I do believe we shall be racing some Trans-Am there pretty soon, perhaps Friday evening. We shall see.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby dreinecke » Sun May 26, 2013 8:36 am

Hmm...I am coming to FL in December...perhaps one or two of these will end up in my suitcase to play with you guys...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sun May 26, 2013 9:26 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:54 am

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:51 am

It was kind of like working on an assembly line once again. Started doing a couple of things like stripping the wheels off so Bob could put them on the sander and true them up. Then I would "Bibbsterize" the rear bushings - needed that treatment badly on each car. Finally we found gluing the motor in place worked very well.

As Bob said, we got them to perform so closely to one another that it's up to the driver as to who will win the race.

No, I was NOT wearing wing-tips with my palm tree shirt!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale