[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Indy Roadsters of the 50s and 60s

Indy Roadsters of the 50s and 60s

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Indy Roadsters of the 50s and 60s

Postby Dangermouse » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:59 am

Hello

I have discovered the Indy Roadsters of the 50s and 60s.
I was scanning through the Interweb and came across these beauties. I haven't seen a lot of talk about this era of cars on HRW, I know that there aren't many RTR slot cars the Cartrix Offy and the Ostereo cars (http://www.ostorero.com/EN/modelsdettaglio.php?id=46 ) being the only ones that come to mind.
I would love to see more of these cars as rtf slot cars. I think they are classic looking race cars. I have managed to pick up the Revell 1/25 kit of the Kurtis Kraft racer, I have also found a chap in France ( http://racingslot32.e-monsite.com/pages ... -kits.html ) who is doing resin bodies and a source of decals as well (http://www.indycals.net/decals/decals.html ) . So I am planning on getting some bodies and getting cracking on a few builds

cheers
David
Last edited by Dangermouse on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Indy Roadsters of the 50s and 60s

Postby ddyke » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:39 am

True Scale Products did a body for someone else but they stopped production. Maybe you can persuade TSP to make another.

http://www.truescaleproducts.com/
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:16 am

I would enjoy seeing some myself.

Here is a little gem I found at a Flea Market. Paid 25 cents I think :)

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:35 am

Here is a Watson ( I think) Roadster that I have.

I don't know much about it. It was a gift to me from my friend Joe, Racing 18. It is 1/32 scale and has a resin body with commercially built a brass chassis.
Mike
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:59 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:24 am

A friend picked up one of the cars from Jerome, they seem designed as static models, but Jerome has made some into slot cars. The casting is very clean, but I would say it will need a bit of work to make into a slot car. At the price I am going to grab a few an see what I can do.

Mike that is a cracker, would love some more photos.

Harry - what a find.

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:12 am

I have decided to delete my post about Eddie Sachs. I don't want to hijack this thread. I really think that is a beautiful car. Those Offenhauser engines could just scream.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:38 am

Czar

I wouldn't have considered it hijacking the thread. I just read about Eddie Sachs and Dave Macdonald. Quite a sad but probably common part of early motor racing (or motor racing in general). I didn't realise Mike's car and the one I posted were of one of Eddie's car - the 1961 Pole winner. I am enjoying finding out more about these wonderful cars.

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale