What is your weekend plans(projects)

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: What is your weekend plans(projects)

Postby DixonJohn » Wed May 15, 2013 4:05 pm

Going to Razor John's Friday.Saturday still up in the air. A couple of benifits for my cousin are going on and an aniversary party and jam session going on also
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby TsgtRet » Wed May 15, 2013 5:23 pm

My weekend is Friday & Saturday....have to gather up all the materials to finish our barn siding; continue bush-hogging before the field grass gets away from me; rebuild the decorative water feature in the front yard; get the oil changed on her Silverado....I know there's more but I'm already tired! :shifty:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed May 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Marty, congrats!

My weekend projects consist of planting new flowers/bushes, installing bumpers on the Wrangler, getting the house ready for family that will be here for the kids' graduation, and sneaking off to make a list of projects to finish while the wife and daughter are in Florida for almost two weeks.

After almost a year of not making any new bodies...this should be productive ;)
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby FootScoot » Thu May 16, 2013 6:38 am

Depending on the weather I'll either be doing things outside, or inside. I'm hoping for inside. Taking care of the outside is the only thing I don't like about spring. Rain, please rain. :lol:
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby nhdungeonracer » Thu May 16, 2013 10:29 am

My weekend plans... :D

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby racer6583 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:14 am

Just a Q for you nhdungeonracer What class do you pull in I've never seen a onan 16hp? or 20hp? in a old wheel horse before well I think it looks like a wheel horse.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri May 17, 2013 11:13 am

Onan? I don't see any Onan... ;)

Yes, it is a Wheel Horse. The model is a Lawn Ranger.

That's actually a Briggs 18hp L block in there. The frame has been reworked (ie-lowered) to fit the motor under the hood and not have to alter it.

We run a class called 8" Superstock. max weight is 750#. You can run any Briggs motor up to 18hp (no modifying other than air cleaner and pipes), you have to run 8" wheels with turf tires that you can cut and shape the way you want. You can modify the frame quite a bit, but have to maintain the stock wheelbase and run a rearend from a garden tractor. Oh, and in this class, it's belt drives only... :banana-rock:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby racer6583 » Sat May 18, 2013 1:46 pm

OOOPS my bad I have two Suburban's a ss 12hp and A onan 16hp both are belt drive HI Lo trans I use to pull in what was a modify stock class.
The crank and the piston had to be stock but any cam and you where allowed to play with the carb but the frame had to be stock no mods allowed to frame except for to add weights.
Front tires no smaller than six inches and we had to stay at 10 inches for the rear and only cut tires no tractor type allowed so I used a set of atv for the rear and cut them a little.

They didn't run to bad but the club fell apart so now they just sit and collect dust for the time being.
I might get them out and dust them off one day. I still start them up every now and then so I don't ruin the motors from setting.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sun May 19, 2013 7:27 am

Putting more time in to this 1/32 car

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale