[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ninco Classic Poll

Ninco Classic Poll

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

What is your favorite Ninco Classic?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:09 pm

Austin Healey
7%
Cobra
9%
Corvette
15%
Ferrari 166 MM
10%
Ferrari 250 Testa Rosa
14%
Jaguar E-type
6%
Jaguar XK120
16%
Porsche 356
21%
Porsche 550
2%

Total votes : 81

Ninco Classic Poll

Postby goosenapper » Mon May 13, 2013 5:09 pm

I've been hooked on Ninco Classics lately. Each one has its own character on the track. Of course, each one probably has a different stock motor too, but that's another issue. For the sake of this post, let's say that each Classic is sporting either an NC-1, NC-8, or MT-1 under the plastic hood. Which Ninco's do you enjoy running the most?

I just spent almost a solid hour turning laps with a Ferrari 166 MM, (at one point rolling it and snapping off one of the windsheilds :doh: ) so I'm going to say that that particular car is my favorite to run. I find it very similar to a 356, but faster on the straights and a strong desire to drive on its side in the corners. It was hard to keep it in the slot at first, but then I had a slot car zen moment and suddenly I understood how it drove. I couldn't put the controller down!

Behind that, the Jaguar XK120 is a joy. It's planted to the track and doesn't often want to show off its prowess turning somersaults. Getting one of these Jags tails out is simple and smile inducing, plus it will almost always return without deslotting.

The Corvette is the one of the most stable slot cars that I own. I've read where it sports an unrealistically wide stance, which may explain this, but I don't buy Ninco's for their scale appeal. These cars are just plain fun to run, and that's all that matters.

So, what are your favorite Ninco Classics? Feel free to vote for up to three and mention why you voted for which ones.

Tell me if I forgot any, but I think that's all of them. Thanks! :)
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Ninco Classic Poll

Postby ElSecundo » Mon May 13, 2013 5:30 pm

Big fan of the 356 here. Ran the Austin Healeys for the first time a few weeks ago, and had a blast. And there's nothing prettier than the E-type on the track. Also like the XK120. Can't go wrong with these cars!
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon May 13, 2013 6:33 pm

Yep. If you could get them to sell the car bodies for $40 each, they could keep their crappy chassis, oddball motors, bent gears and broken wheels and make billions in a year. But at $80 for each lot, they are giving their future to the idiotic bet on collectors and dedicated fans they haven't infuriated yet. They keep raising the prices instead of giving more value for the dollar spent.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Mon May 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Unsurprisingly, perhaps, the XK120 is at the top of my list. I have several. The blue Ecosse Jag was the car that introduced me to Ninco and non magnet running. And there will always be an XK120 ready to put on the track. My current fave is actually a bit of a Frankenstein's monster. The chassis is from the original Ecosse Jag with some splits in it repaired with brass sheet and glue. Oiringal NC8 motor still going strong but Slot.it axles and gear and Racer wire wheels. The current shell was a gift from a collector who noticed it had been slightly damaged.

Not only does the Jag look stunning on the track, it circulates with graceful ease and catlike agility. A well mannered slot car, it does not roll over in the corners, nor endeavour to chase its own tail. On the odd instance it deslots, usually powering on a little too quickly over a rise, it simply parks itself quite neatly beside the slot.

Next up would be the Healeys, of which I have a roadster and a hardtop. These have taken some work to get them in good working trim. Currently the pair are still sporting their NC2 motors, but I think I may change that. These take some concentration to drive on my track, but they are 100% worth it for their look.

The Cobra is not well mannered, but it is fun. It was purchased as a running partner to my first Jag. It's His Lordship's go to classic. It's quicker than the Jag but not as stable.

I've only recently taken delivery of a pair of 356s and have yet to take to them with a screwdriver. I do plan to tackle them soonish.

Some may be surprised that the Ninco E type is not on my list of loves. They look good but the clamshell design lets them down on the tuning stakes without taking to them with a Dremel. When I want an E type the Revell is my go to.

I've yet to pick up the other Ninco Classics, but would like to if I can ever do so without spending a small fortune.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby FootScoot » Tue May 14, 2013 5:46 am

I'm with Kurt on this one, 356 Porsche roadster or coupe. Just bought 2 roadsters from BRS Hobbies during the Ninco Blowout! 8-)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Fast Co. » Tue May 14, 2013 6:44 am

I love the Ninco classics. Take them out of the box, lube them up and they run great. The Ninco rubber hooks up well on my mdf track. And while they may not be the fastest cars (with the venerable NC-1 motor) they always provide for some very close racing. I voted for the Austin-Healey based on looks alone - my favorites are the metallic ice blue limited edition car that ran at the Targa Florio, the black car with checkered roof and the green car with hard top. They can be a little tippy in tight turns but that's part of the appeal to me. The XK-120 is the most fun to run and I gave it a vote too. It slides beautifully through the corners. The 550 was my third choice. This vote could have easily gone to any of the other classics but the poor 550 was without votes and that just ain't right. I would like to see Ninco do more with this range. There are so many classic front motored cars from the '50s and '60s that could be done - an AM DBR-3 would be most welcome!
Last edited by Fast Co. on Tue May 14, 2013 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Tue May 14, 2013 6:52 am

Damn, I just broke down and bought a couple E-type coupes.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DHansen » Tue May 14, 2013 2:55 pm

I voted for the Ferrari 250TR. It was hard to decide between the Ferrari or the Jag XK120. I've been racing a yellow Ferrari 250TR [#21] for several years with one of the clubs I race with, so that's what i voted for. It's all factory stock except for some lead here and there. Most of the cars I'm running agenced have tires twice as wide as the Ferrari in the rear, but I still win a race or two every so often.
DHansen
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Tue May 14, 2013 3:38 pm

Ninco classics, and their contemporaries from Revell/Monogram, have always been favorites of mine
because they represent an era of racing that I am very fond of. If they are a little slower than the
other classes that's alright. They just look great on the track.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alaskaracer » Thu May 16, 2013 5:31 pm

I love the Ninco Classics! I have all of them except the E-type Jag and the Ferrari 166mm but I plan to get those as well. They run so well, a little annoyed that Ninco quit making the NC-1, at least Mark Thomas stepped in with the MT-1/SL-1
Alaskaracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jmsh54 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:36 am

Well the XK120 is at the top of my list. It is one of two RTR cars that I purchased last year. The second was the Ferrari 250 Tr, the kit car. This would be at the bottom of my list. John
jmsh54

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat May 18, 2013 9:27 am

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale