[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot car show at Daytona Beach, July 6th

Slot car show at Daytona Beach, July 6th

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Slot car show at Daytona Beach, July 6th

Postby Modlerbob » Thu May 02, 2013 11:53 pm

There will be a slot car show/swap meet in Daytona, Fl. Saturday, July 6th, the day of what used to be called the firecracker 400 at Daytona International Speedway in case any of you plan to be at the race. I left the flyer at my shop but I will bring it home later today and post details. I was told I should try to thin out my collection but the problem is any slot car I have that I would get rid of most likely nobody would want.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Slot car show at Daytona Beach, July 6th

Postby Florida_Slotter » Fri May 03, 2013 6:03 am

ModlerBob,

Funny thing is that the Firecracker 400 used to be run on July 4th every year. If it was in the middle of the week, the race was run.

I've been in the infield on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday, etc. The race was always run on July 4th, not on a Monday before.

One of the most interesting Firecracker 400's took place in 1984. The race was run on Wednesday, July 4th. Richard Petty won his 200th and final race that day. President Ronald Reagan gave the commance to start engines as Air Force One was on it's final approach to Daytona International Airport. He then came over to do some announcing and watch the race. After the race Ronald Reagan and Richard Petty met face to face for the first time.

Now, if you want to downsize your fleet, just let me know. I am looking for a #98 car.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Modlerbob » Wed May 29, 2013 10:37 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu May 30, 2013 6:11 am

You can be our official show reporter. Just make Marty carry the camera and do all the work :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Thu May 30, 2013 6:17 am

Man! I wish I was closer!

BTW...those of us out here always crack up with the advert: "...inside the air conditioned..." but having visited Florida in the middle of July, I COMPLETELY understand!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Modlerbob » Thu May 30, 2013 6:44 am

I think this is intended to be more of a swap meet than anything else. I've been trying to decide which, if any, of my collection are candidates for sale or trade. I pretty much bought them all because I wanted them but I guess a few have lost their charm for me. I also hope that a few more potential 1/32 racers will be attracted to the event and I will be able to persuade them to come by DeBary Glen for a visit.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fubar Motorsports » Thu May 30, 2013 8:51 am

Fubar Motorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale