Symphony in the key of E (A little photo intense)

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Symphony in the key of E (A little photo intense)

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri May 03, 2013 8:17 am

Ember, may I pick one for top of the forum?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri May 03, 2013 8:59 am

When I was a boy I lived in London, Ontario for a few years, and E-Types were fairly new then. I remember the Dave Clark Five made a movie that featured a white roadster that I lusted after. The Beatles were pictured in them, the Rolling Stones, too. Peter Sellers had two that I know of, and there was a whole string of buxom Italian sex objects that all posed on the hoods (bonnets) of XKE's.

You can tell how much someone loves the XKE (the 6 cylinder for us purists, I always hated that plaguey V-12), by how little they mention about the Lord of Darkness, Lucas electric. Loose, Unsoldered Connections And Shorts. They made a vacuum cleaner for a few years in the 1960s, and to date it was the only thing Lucas ever made that didn't suck.

I think I have 7 E-Types in the collection, plus one old Airfix kit that may be impossible to build as a slot car (it really is 1/32, and there's no room for a motor!).
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby RazorJon » Fri May 03, 2013 10:22 am

the girl can take photos, well done
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Ember » Fri May 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Harry, of course you can pick some photos for whatever you may want.

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's always nice to know I'm not the only crazy who loves doing this sort of thing.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby whitworthnut » Fri May 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Rob

Ditto on the V12. I had the 4.2l coupe and my Dad had a V-12 2+2. The 12 sounded pretty, but I loved the snarl and the torque of the six. Great shots Ember. The E-type is probably one of the most beautiful cars ever made and your track provides the perfect setting.
whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri May 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Definitely one of the beauties of industrial design. But even as a Brit sports car fan, I must admit THE most beautiful is an Alfa. Though no one has satisfactorily captured the sexiness of the 33 Stradale in 1/32.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby goosenapper » Fri May 03, 2013 5:07 pm

I've come to expect really nice photos from you, Ember, but this one gave me pause:
Holy moley, that's a heck of a shot! Your subtle use of depth of field is very impressive, and adds even more realism to beautiful models on a gorgeous track. This is a blue ribbon winner right here!
:clap:
If there was a standing ovation smiley face option I'd give you that. But since there isn't here's another round of applause.
:clap:

Wow. Seriously, I'd frame this shot and hang it on my wall. Very well done!
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri May 03, 2013 6:05 pm

Shucks... Taaa...

More good luck than good management though. Shoot enough and you'll score a gem or two.

I tend to shoot in whatever light is available and small apertures for good depth of field. So a tripod is an absolute must. A remote shutter release also a good move. You can buy them reasonably cheap now. My favourite lens is a 30-80mm zoom (only 4.8f so it isn't exactly fast). The only other thing in the slot shot kit is a set of close up filters. And all my gear is almost 10 years old now.

Post processing is usually only cropping, sometimes quite heavily. Every now and then I do have to colour correct slightly. Some car colours are difficult to capture just right.

As with anything, the most important thing is experiment. At least you don't have to pay for film development any more. :)
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby Dundee Denny » Fri May 03, 2013 7:48 pm

The #92 is my favorite one of these.

As others have said your track is so realistic, keep wanting to tear mine up and start over each time you post a picture!!

You have the eye which is apparent by your picture taking as well, the whole package!!

Always high expectations when you post!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale