[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Wheelbase Question

Carrera Wheelbase Question

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Carrera Wheelbase Question

Postby LAMing » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi All:

Need an assist before I contemplate spending some $$.

Are the wheelbases the same on the following Carrera cars?

'57 Chevy
'68 Road Runner
'69 Charger

I have some mixin', matchin', n' modifin' in mind but need to know the above before I lay out some dollars for the D132 models to use as the base chassis.

Thanks!

Andre
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Carrera Wheelbase Question

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:37 pm

Andre,
The Roadrunner and the Charger use the same chassis OTB. I don't have a 57 Chevy so I can't tell you anything about that one. It's almost certainly a different chassis though the wheel base my well be the same.
Mike
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LAMing » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:01 pm

Thanks Mike! Two down one to go! (I'm hoping all the wheelbases are the same.) FWIW, the wheelbase on my Carrera 57's appear to measure 3 5/8".

Afterthought: I figure the Superbird's use the same chassis as the Road Runner and Charger mentioned?

Andre
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:06 pm

Yup
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:12 pm

I just went out and measured the Mopar chassis. It is 3 5/8" as well.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LAMing » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:38 pm

Excellent! Cleared for takeoff... maybe it's time to head off to eBay!!

Thanks Mike!
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:56 pm

I have no idea what you are up to but that Mopar chassis is is excellent IMHO. I run the heck out of my roadrunner and she is a good handling runner. My Roadrunner was an older ProX car that had that weird 3" long spring loaded guide. I swapped in an analogue chassis from the street charger. The chassis is a strait screw in fit except that the street chassis doesn't have the exhaust pipes poking out the side and it comes with different wheel sets. It was a simple snap out, snap in to install the original stock car type wheel sets from the original chassis.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LAMing » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi Again Mike!

Planning to use the Mopar chassis under some hardbody dirt stocks. I like the fatter tires of the Mopar's over the skinny tires that come on the Carrera '57 Chevy. I have a D132 #26 '57 Chevy and a #57 '57 Chevy with a D132 chassis under it (from a donor #26). That's two RTR's ready to hit the oval. Adding a bonestock D132 #30 '69 Charger gives me 3 RTR's ready to take to the track. However, got a new son-in-law. His new wife (my daughter!) used to race slots with me back in my vintage slotting days.

Soooo... I need some more cars so all of us can race at once. So, additional Mopar chassis will go under the following hardbodies on my shelf waiting for a chassis:

* Carrera undec '57 Chevy body kit.
* Smilin' Ray '57 Ford Galaxy resin body.

I also have:

* A Revellogram '55 Chevy body already modified (but needs to be finished and painted) and it will be ready to go onto one of my D132 Carrera Nascar COT chassis.

In addition to needing 4-5 D132 oval-type (dirt) stockcars, I will also need to acquire the extra controllers, terminal tracks and up the power supply, too. The goal is to set us up so 4-5 of us can race at once (with/without a "ghost car")... when up and runnin' there ought to be some fender beatin' goin' on, 'ya think??

:)
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LAMing » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Update:

Just purchased two of the D132 #30 '69 Charger's at $45 each off eBay. That gives me the two '57 Chevy RTR's mentioned above, plus a new '69 Charger RTR (making three cars now ready for the track) and a donor '69 Charger chassis for one of the hardbodies on the shelf (making four cars). Of course, I have that '55 Chevy that can go onto one of my D132 COT chassis (making FIVE D132 oval cars ready)... so... only one more for a ghost car maybe? OR... just get the above race ready and get started, huh?

:D
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:49 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LAMing » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:01 pm

Thanks for the tire/wheel tips, Mike!

BTW: LOVE your C'velle! Is that model '70 stockcar available from Carrera or is it a mix n' match n' painted/decaled custom?

FWIW: While shopping for a pair of '69 Chargers I noticed the prices on the '70 Chevelle's are kind of silly. Some would think it a shame to purchase such a so-called "collectible" car and hack it up to look like a dirt car!! :twisted:
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Yes. It started out as the gold street car. I painted it and added decals it to do a fantasy Smokey livery. I don't know why the prices are so high on these street cars. I paid the standard price for this one. I forget how much but knowing me, I wouldn't have paid more than any of the other Carrera cars for it. It was a originally a digital car and I have been selling all of my digi chips for $15 bucks so I wouldn't have paid a net of a more than $40 bucks for her plus shipping.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:15 pm

PS The Chevelle never ran as good as my other Carrera Classic Nascars. I don't know exactly why. Maybe cause it Has the latest Carrera corporate a wonder guide chassis. I pit a Bnova guide adapter in her though. The others have conventional chassis with conventional guides.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LAMing » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:20 pm

When I first saw the Carrera Chevelle I thought what a great dirt car it would make... not paying those prices for one, though.

I was going to post a picture of local-boy Jim Farmer's '55 Chevy that raced at Razorback Speedway back when I was a teen, however I can't figure out this forum software for posting pics! Anyway, the pic would reflect one of the looks I would like to eventually migrate toward.

My long term goal is to have dirt cars that reflect the cars of the late 60's, as well as some from the 70's and 80's-90's. Not too crazy about modeling the sheet metal dirt cars of today.

New guide? Like the one's on my COT's and '57's... or worse???
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:29 pm

It's pretty easy to post pics. I and most others open a Photobucket account or another from some other web hosting site and load the pictures there. From there you can copy the picture in an IMG code link that you can paste into your post here. The link will appear as a picture on your post.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale