[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Repainting a Carrera classic Nascar Plymouth

Repainting a Carrera classic Nascar Plymouth

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Repainting a Carrera classic Nascar Plymouth

Postby Derby City Speedway » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 am

I was simply backing up what you said Fla. , reading the words tell the story more than looking at the pictures.
As far as the year, that doesn`t affect me in the least, it`s what we have to work with, so if Bob or anyone wants to replicate a certain livery of the era, that is where we must start.
Derby City Speedway
Derby City King

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:33 am

Derby City Speedway,

I must not have fully understood what you intended me to do with your original post.

However in my opinion, any member of HRW can explain themselves to me, and I take their word for their intent.'

Thanks for doing that.

All is good.

Have a super day!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Derby City Speedway » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:15 pm

Derby City Speedway
Derby City King

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Marty is ,of course, correct that the slot car in question is a 1970 roadrunner. To me the 1968-70 roadrunners were very similar with only minor trim differences. The main identifier being the scoops on the rear quarter panels. If I decided to finish it with the black vinyl top I would probably sand off those scoops. But then I would have to do some repainting and I am almost out of my mixed "Petty blue" paint. So after learning more about these cars I will most likely leave the car as is.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:27 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:04 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Wed May 01, 2013 3:18 am

Harry,

HRW really, really needs to have a "Like" button.

I would be pressing it on this post for sure.

Outstanding looking car Bob.

Yes, Richard Petty was my favorite driver for so many years.

We moved to Florida in August of 1974. In July of 1975 we attended the "Firecracker 400" at Daytona. We went into the infield and I remember watching Richard Petty run down Buddy Baker for the win that year. What a great race to watch. I remember how much those cars moved around in the corners. After only seeing them on TV for many years, I was amazed at how much movement was happening.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale