Question

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Question

Postby racer6583 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:07 pm

On my previous post here 356speedster posted a nice design that will work in my space that is available.
Can you go from a digital and change from digital to analog.
If not, can a scaley analog fit in a 10' x 3' space I would go SCX but cause their fate is still uncertain about their future.
I'd like to go digital but if I can't figure out how to switch from digital to analog with ease I'll just go with analog.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Question

Postby zilger » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:53 pm

The new Scalextric digital 6 car power base has both digital and analog modes. You can switch back and forth between the two.

I know Harry doesn't mind references to other sites so check out the digital forum on the slotforum web site. There is a wealth of information there on Scaley digital.

Brian
zilger

Postby patwa » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:33 am

Hello racer6583,
The Scalextric system as mentioned by zilger will allow analog cars to run on the system as well as digital although there is obviously no lane changeing with the analog cars.
Once the cars are converted to digital they still work perfectly on a standard analog sytem,plastic wood or whatever.
We have been running this system for a couple of years with no problems at all.We have converted many different brands of cars to Scaley digital and have had no issues at all.Any questions with the system I would be happy to help.Cheers.
patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer6583 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:38 am

Thank you Zilger and Patwa I'd like to go with scaley but don't know if I can run my twenty or so 143s on the scaley without interference.

My plan calls for a track that I can run both scales and maybe some 124 scale also cause I don't want three different tracks that I would have to put up then take down I have in the plans a double deck table with a 132 track that will be on top and my ho track on the bottom.

The area I have to work with only allows one track so I figured I'd build a stack table that way I'd only have two tracks and it seems to me the only way to solve the problem that I currently have.

Knowing nothing about digital I figured to go with Carrera but being a buffoon when it comes to electronics the scaley seems to answer the wiring problem that the Carrera has for me to switch between analog and digital, but if the 143 have a clearance issue with the scaley then I'll have to find another way to accomplish my hobby goals.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby patwa » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:28 pm

racer6583,
The Scaley digital system runs on a maximum power draw of 800 milliamps-.8 of an amp.I don't know what sort of motors you run in your 1/43,1/24 scalecars but I would check on that before you make up your mind which way to jump. The scaley system will not run 16D type motors or anything that revs above 20 000 rpm(although Slot.it make a chip for the Scaley system that will let you push that boundry a little) as the power draw is too high.Also the track is not really wide enough for 1/24 scale cars.The Carrera track will allow the 1/24 cars as far as width goes but I am not sure about the power supply as I am really only familiar with the Scaley system.Not sure what you mean by 'clearance issue'as far as the Scaley system goes.Swapping between analogue and digital on the Scaley 6 car system is only a matter of selecting which you want from the menu,there is no actual wiring involved. Cheers.
patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale