[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Classic NASCAR MOPAR ?

Carrera Classic NASCAR MOPAR ?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Carrera Classic NASCAR MOPAR ?

Postby buspor63 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:04 am

So, I need a Carrera Evolution chassis for a Superbird. It came with a Pro-X chassis that I robbed for a backwards running "Cars Mater" I know the Road Runner uses the same chassis mounting holes as the Superbird, I have one to compare it to. The question is, does the Dodge Charger and the Daytona use the same chassis as the Plymouth?

If so, does anyone have an Plymouth/Dodge Evolution chassis they would part with?

thanks
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Carrera Classic NASCAR MOPAR ?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:18 am

Yes, same chassis.

I'll dig in the Abyss, but I don't think I have any.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RazorJon » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:28 am

carrera slots has the #40 superbird for 31.99 in stock, but then you would have another body
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:39 pm

I think all the carrera classic plymouths and Dodges use the same chassis, not sure about the Ford Torino. There is a seller on e-bay who has three carrera nascar chassis for $76. You could probably sell off the other two if you don't want to keep them as spare parts. I might even buy one of the chassis if you do the deal.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:47 pm

Thanks for the feedback so far. I know for sure that the Torino is a different chassis. So if anyone can compare a Plymouth to a Dodge, I'd be appreciative. I've seen the chassis listings on the Bay and have been tempted. I'd feel better knowing what fits what.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MoparGreg » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:31 pm

Yes as stated the Torino chassis is different to the mopars. The Carrera mopars share the same chassis. So the Dodge Charger & Daytona & the Plymouth Superbird & Road runner are the same chassis. To confirm you can use a Plymouth chassis on a dodge or vise versa as they are the same.

Oh and also the Carrera 60 Fury is a different chassis again.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:40 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby buspor63 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:21 am

Sweet! Just the info I was looking for. Once again, HRW resources to the rescue. Now, to watch the Bay and other sources for a MOPAR roller.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Thu May 02, 2013 11:12 am

Confirmed! The Dodge does fit the Plymouth, even the new D132 style chassis. Thank you Cagee13, another nice car saved from my storage boxes.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cagee13 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:56 pm

You are welcome. Another clunker back in the slot. LOL
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LAMing » Thu May 02, 2013 4:34 pm

Slight interuption here... but since we're talking Carrera chassis swaps:

IF I'm understanding correctly thus far:

* The Mopars all interchange EXCEPT the '60 Fury.

* The Ford Torino has it's own chassis.

Brings me to this question:

Does the '57 Chevy chassis have the same mount hole locations as the Mopars? (i.e. interchangeable.) If not, does the '57 Chevy chassis interchange with any other Carrera stock cars?

Thanks.

Andre
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu May 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Well...

"* The Mopars all interchange EXCEPT the '60 Fury" Correct

" The Ford Torino has it's own chassis." Correct

"Does the '57 Chevy chassis have the same mount hole locations as the Mopars?" No.

"If not, does the '57 Chevy chassis interchange with any other Carrera stock cars? No.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby LAMing » Thu May 02, 2013 5:45 pm

Thanks Harry!

I'm actually gettin' some urge to get off my butt and do some racin' and modelin'... so I'm trying to get up to speed (ohhh what a punny guy I am!) on things Carrera (their stock cars). :dance:

I guess I need to start a new thread about some other Carrera questions I have instead of further hi-jacking this one!

Andre
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu May 02, 2013 5:47 pm

You are welcome sir. Glad it helped.

Fire away, that is what they pay us all the big bucks for :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale