[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Older models?

Older models?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Older models?

Postby balsaworks » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:54 pm

balsaworks
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Funny, after complaining last weekend about some aches and pains, my wife called me an older model. I keep telling her it isn't the age, it is the mileage...

Nice cars so far! I suppose my old T/A cars that are now 10 years old qualify :)
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby 356speedster » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:58 am

A couple "older models" you might like :)

356speedster

Postby 356speedster » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:23 pm

old vs new

356speedster

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:19 pm

I like them. VERY nice. That cow-catcher makes me want to fire mine up again :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby buspor63 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:43 pm

The L&M Lola by Vanquish is fine looking car. Is that the same race car Aurora did an AFX car in? I don't recall the AFX car having a wing on the front though.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:46 pm

I've got several of these, and to describe the running as rubbish would be charitable in the extreme.

Looking forward to seeing what you do to improve it.

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:18 am

Anyone played with the SCX SRS2 cars - they are good runners on wood - quite surprising. I am currently chasing a couple of them

David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bkrownd » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:05 am

My MG Metro has a special feature - a working hatch. BL power! ;)

bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smithspeedway » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:59 am

Okay... I know I have a problem... I can't stop buying ProSlot Porsche GT3's and Ferraris. They don't turn, rattle, the wheels fall off, and I can't stop myself.
smithspeedway
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby AllanI » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:47 am

Goosenapper please can you identify the green car with the yellow stripe for me?
I love aquiring Fly Chevrons.

Allan
AllanI

Postby goosenapper » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:33 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:31 pm

Mid 90s GT cars. SCX F-40, Ninco F-50 and shorttail McLarens and Porsche GT-1s with the NC1 motor. I finally got my hands on a Harrod's McLaren this week, to go with my well used Gulf car and a slightly less well used Art Sports model. The Cartronic McLaren longtail runs with the Artin cars now that I have done major surgery to the guide flag mount to lower the front end. I still run the Artin version of the Porsche GT-1s as well as the Merc CLKs. Love the Carrera GT1 Evo in the Rohr livery but it's waiting for new running gear because the tires are so awful in combination with the lack of brakes in the motor. I have the original Fly Venturi and Marcos, and inherited a Viper with the Harrod's McLaren.

I also love the 60s vintage cars, of course with a collection of Chapparal models and several original Monogram cars. Plenty of fun, though even the vintage 16Ds are a bit overpowered for my short twisty track.

LOVE the Fly classics with several 512s, a couple Porsches, and a Chevron. I pick these up whenever I can get a reasonable used car (under $50).
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Got some pics:
Mid 90s GTs (OK, a Strom Dino too):

A pit box I picked up at a flea market:

The contents, pieces and parts of some of the collection (including a Dynamic with the GE Silver Hornet and Monogram Ford GT Roadster):
The Cox frame is under a lexan Ferrari 612 from a 1/24 "vintage" series, and the other Dynamic is under a lexan Ferrari 312 coupe.

Several projects including the mid 90s Venturi:
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale