[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF! What is going this weekend slotters?

TGIF! What is going this weekend slotters?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF! What is going this weekend slotters?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:02 am

Around here I have Mark Thomas from Derby City coming by for a quick visit :) I am sure we will get in some great racing as we always do. Made a POW FATTY for supper tonite, hopefully it comes out ok.

Been ordering more parts lately. I am trying to balance repairing/restoring older models while working on a few custom builds.

Forum seems solid. Made a few cosmetic changes here and there. Will continue to tweak it here and there as needed.

What are you up to?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF! What is going this weekend slotters?

Postby ElSecundo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:06 am

We'll be taking care of Mark's house and pets while he's eating POW fatty. :lol:

Working on the 'Chase-Cars' Cadillac Fleetwood with working suspension. Got the back end done last night and a good portion of the write-up, working on the steering tonight, and hopefully painting the body this weekend.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Cincyslots » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:11 am

Kurt,

Are you making one or is he selling them now???

I off to Dublin for a soccer tournament. That's Dublin, Ohio :doh:
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:01 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby goosenapper » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:36 am

As bibbster said, I've got to mow too. My poor dog looks like he's wading up to his armpits in weeds out back.

As for the cars, I've got a Slot.it Ferrari 312PB and an NSR 997 that need paint. Hopefully I'll get at least one of them done. It's hard to resist the call of the couch on weekends.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:21 am

I am hoping to complete my new home made split rail timing system on my latest portable road track.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby youngster » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:55 am

It's Damp and Wet here with more forcast throughout the week end;
Thank The Lord for Small Favors; We really needed it. Also I;m slowly working
on a Repaint of a Pioneer; Stang Fastback. Figuring what I want it to look like
as I go. I'll get one idea; then change my mind; so it's a slow process; What's
Time anyway??? It sure Fly's though; Time that is.
ALL YA'LL Have a Great Safe Weekend.

YOUNGSTER
youngster

Postby RazorJon » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:37 am

I have the on-call button at work, but I was thinking about starting my new 16 foot travel trailer in 1\32 kit milled out of styrene sheets
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HutchTrickStar » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:45 am

Finish laying the copper tape on my first wood track. We (I built it in a friends basement) got the tape down on one lane the other day and wound up running laps for 3 hours instead of finishing it. It has been lots of fun building it. Running those first laps was cool. Soooooo smooth running compared to plastic track.

I'll post some pics of "Riff Raff Raceway" in a week or two. Then scenery, timing system... :ugeek:
HutchTrickStar

Postby hoganracing » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Trying to get a couple of trucks ready for Jon's proxy run!

Who am I trying to kid? But they do need finishing touches added, and I might find time for that.

Patrick
hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby FootScoot » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:42 pm

I'm hoping to get to the DTM Mini this weekend. Grass is mowed, weeds are cut, and now it's raining. :( I'm sure I'll find something to do. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby dreinecke » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:35 pm

I just got back from partially sunny San Francisco last night. Spent most of the week there for an IT/Geek conference. First time really getting to see the city, and had a good time (without the normal jokes...)

Went to Alcatraz - that was worth the entire trip. Incredibly cool tour of a very interesting place. Fairly well preserved considering how old it really is. The audio/walking tour is excellent!

Took the cable cars at least 4 times a day - LOVED those! Went to their museum too and got to see how they work and watched them splice a cable that broke - that is some interesting work. We used all 4 of the remaining lines. I stood on the step at the front of the car each time hanging on for dear life. The people there drive like maniacs and even on the cable car, you find you have to get really skinny a few times to miss the odd truck mirror or motorcyclist shooting past you. Felt like a dog hanging his head out the window of a car!

I spoke more German in 4 days than I have in the last 4 years. I think all of Germany was there on holiday. Met some really nice folks!

Ate lots of seafood down at Fisherman's Warf! Ate in Little Italy as well and had one of the best dishes yet - Crab Alfredo - simply awesome.

Spent some time in an Irish pub drinking fine whiskey and watching the Bears get smashed by the Packers.

Walked all of China town - extremely interesting area. Went in several stores attempting to identify smells and sights...I now know what Ginseng root looks like and also what a large jar of shark fins looks like. VERY strange stuff in some of their shops. Did NOT eat there since I'm accustomed to American versions of Chinese food and NOT what was served there.

Found a coffee shop online that had a Scalextric track and cars for sale. Showed up only to find out they'd not taken that off their Facebook page and that the track has been gone a few years. That really took the wind out of my sails.

The best part? People watching! Between the obvious tourists, the massive ethnic populations, the business people, the massive amounts of homeless people all begging, panhandling, and whatnot - it was a free 24x7 freak show.

Had a great time and managed to walk about 10 miles a day. Wore my shoes out and have the blisters to prove it. I probably took about 500 pictures while I was there.

Oh, attended a decent conference too somewhere in there. Really, I did attend and have the notes to prove it too.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby DixonJohn » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Working as usual.Sunday too,but look at all cool slot money thats coming
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:12 pm

Just got home from a huge effort to move my cerebral palsied son to his first apartment-- a 3rd floor walkup on top of a mountain, 3 hours hard driving from here!

He is deliriously happy, and his roommate is capable and strong. I think the boys will make it it. Robby's brain power compliments his physical strength, and he's no dummy, either), and I think this is the beginning of a good thing. The roommate is taking a huge college load, and Robby could teach calculus to dog poop, if the poop really wanted to learn. They are going to be fine, and that is Robby's greatest hope-- independence. Robby will be tutoring and he and his roommate have a deal with a German video game developer to do great (enriching) things. I'll sleep well tonight. And all day tomorrow, and the next day, etc.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Awesome!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale