Sideways Gainsco DP Riley

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Sideways Gainsco DP Riley

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Yesterday I received in the mail the Sideways Gainsco Riley from Rrcfm. Very fast and smooth transaction. I have three other Sideways DPs and they are all good runners but I was amazed when I put this latest one on the track. It ran fast laps straight out of the jewel case with only some lubrication of the bushings and motor. I then went over to my bench to inspect the car and install the S-1s included with the car. No burrs on the front hubs or any other flaws I could detect. I put it back on the track and in a few minutes it was matching lap times with my best DP. It's too bad these didn't sell as well as Sideways expected because I sure would like to see them produce the 2012 body styles with the Corvette at the top of the list. If Fly does produce 2012 DPs I will buy a couple but it sure would be nice to see them on a Sideways/Slot.It chassis. I like to tinker on cars that don't run so good from the factory but it sure is nice to get one every now and then that exceeds expectations right out of the box.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Sideways Gainsco DP Riley

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:44 pm

I agree, it is nice to just have a car that operates that well out of the box once in awhile.

Still collecting them here as well.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Sideways Gainsco DP Riley

Postby FootScoot » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:25 am

They are nice running cars. They are just a tad better than the Fly's out of the box. Most Fly's need a little tinkering at first to run good. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale