[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Oh my, look what is coming from Flyslot

Oh my, look what is coming from Flyslot

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Oh my, look what is coming from Flyslot

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:12 pm

These just in...

My oh my, I look forward in seeing the end results.

No, I have no official time frame. Your good dealer might know, but I will pass along info as it comes in.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Oh my, look what is coming from Flyslot

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:13 pm

SWEET!!
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Wow, I'll need to take a closer look at that when it comes out. The Carrera version is great, but it would be cool to have a Flyslot version to run with the Fly 935.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby goosenapper » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:39 pm

Is Carrera's Ferrari exclusivity still in effect? If so, they won't be able to call it a Ferrari 512BB. Perhaps the base will read something generic like Berlina Boxer? I'd think that Carrera's lawyers would have something to say about these "generic car" releases.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Exactly what I was thinking, Goose. But I still wonder what the reasoning is when a manufacturer does a car that has been done, especially one that wasn't all that famous to begin with? This is further complicated by the fact that there are hundreds of really famous and/or beautiful cars that have never been modeled for slot cars, at least not by the prominent manufacturers. There are loads of outfits that do very expensive slot cars in small quantities, of course, and some of them are exquisite, but crazy costly, and racing them is a liability.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ElSecundo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Well, we know that Racer has been able to get away with doing Ferraris, as long as there was no prancing horse, and nobody called it a Ferrari. Flyslot has to be thinking the same thing.

But why do this car? It fits with the Porsche 935s and 934s, I'd think. And one thing that Flyslot has probably noticed is that when a manufacturer does a car better, people buy the better car. NSR gobbled up Fly's 917K sales, so I'm wondering if Flyslot is taking aim at one of Carrera's more successful cars and making it better.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Fast Co. » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:02 pm

Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:06 pm

The renderings look mighty nice but I've noticed a lot of manufacturers cutting costs lately - less detailed interiors, no interior at all, orange peel in the paint etc... I wonder how the finished car will present itself.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:14 pm

[And one thing that Flyslot has probably noticed is that when a manufacturer does a car better, people buy the better car. NSR gobbled up Fly's 917K sales, so I'm wondering if Flyslot is taking aim at one of Carrera's more successful cars and making it better.]

I don't think we are thinking straight here. An out of scale, stupid fast version of a good scale race car isn't better. Its just different. I should say "more out of scale", but never mind. I'm not that much of a "rivet counter" but I do draw the line when a car looks like a shovel from outer space and costs three times what it is worth.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:56 am

I think this is a really great looking car, however I am not sure, that Flyslot will make a better car than Carrera, at the best comparable. I really like my two Carrera cars, and I guess for the right price and the right livery I might be interested in getting one of these. However given that current Flyslot cars are about $25 more than a Carrera car then this will need to be a pretty darn impressive car.

I would rather they put there efforts into cars that others don't make like some more 70s F1 cars for instance.

cheers
DM
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:38 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Quickcars » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:06 am

I have to agree here. The NSR 917k is a wonder to look at and a great slot car too boot! This Fly has a pretty high standard to live up to as the Carrera version is in my eyes, the best running/looking classic car they ever made. They are also cheap!

I hope the Fly car runs/looks great and they sell a boat load of them. I want Fly around for as long as I'm in the hobby. They are the main reason I got into slot cars again.
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 am

Last edited by Fast Co. on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:55 am

Yeah, totally agree with you guys, and you've nailed it on the head.

Fly(slot) also got me back into slot cars, and is a sentimental favorite. I hope they can turn it around, in spite of what's facing them in the Spanish economy.

I hope they can do well with this car, in particular. Fast Co, you're right about Fly's need to produce a good running car. Several other companies improved their game immensely in the last 8 or 9 years, and Fly has improved a little bit. We don't see as many 'how-to' articles on how to make them run, but they still have their (small) problems. If Flyslot is going to seriously get back in the game, they need to make cars that run out of the box. They aren't the high end 'boutique' manufacturer any more. They used to get a pass for building the most attractive cars available, and people were willing to deal with their issues in exchange for the best looking cars.

I used to buy a ton of Fly cars, now I buy very few. It's hard to justify 'Slot.It + 20' dollars for any car that doesn't run well, so that car has to be very special.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale