Carrera Torino project

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Carrera Torino project

Postby slothead » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:05 pm

I just purchased this Carrera Torino from a forum member and will be using it for a project since I already own one of these.

I basically bought it for the chassis (love the blue wheels) to use under a Proxie body or other classic NASCAR build. But, since I already have 2 of the new Pioneer Charger street rod chassis with 'steelie' wheels for such purposes, I could opt to repaint the Torino body and make it into a livery that isn't available.

Or, if anyone is interested in trading bodies from another Carrera classic NASCAR that would be a direct fit that could be a win-win option. I already have a #34 Wendell Scott car, the #98 and #76 Torinos, plus the #58 Charger 500. If anyone has another Carrera body from this era they'd be willing to part with let's talk. Since these cars are being raced on a 'dirt' track I've been staying away from Superbirds. Haven't seen any photos of the big wing cars ever being used on short tracks.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Re: Carrera Torino project

Postby slothead » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:56 pm

Been thinking more about what to do with the #92 Torino when it arrives this week. While the chassis could be used with a Proxie Cyclone body, it's not as direct of a fit as using a Pioneer Charger chassis and the best bet so far is to use the entire car to create a different classic NASCAR replica.

After searching for options I think the #43 Petty Torino is the likely choice. I already have a can of Testors light blue paint that should be a good match colorwise. If I do this conversion I think I'll paint right over the existing livery without stripping it. If I can completely tape off the glass, grille, and bumpers it should be a straight forward project.

I'd love to have a Petty Mopar join this series, but the Carrera ones are too scare these days, and I'm not aware of any 1/32 scale bodies to use.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Slottus » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:55 am

But... why?

https://www.slotcarusa.de/Ford-Torino-R ... Petty-1969

We did the car ages ago, and there are still some available.
Slottus
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:08 pm

How about the AJ Foyt car, either the USAC or NASCAR version?
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale