[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Mabuchi can motor

Mabuchi can motor

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Mabuchi can motor

Postby MikieG » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:07 am

I replaced my CarreraC7 inline motor with an NSR 21,900 Shark. I also replaced my gearing from 9/26 to an 8/28.
Car now performs worse than stock. Chassis takes standard Mabuchi can motors. I am looking to install motor above 350 g/cm of torque.
What motor should I be looking at? Where to get?
MikieG

Re: Mabuchi can motor

Postby MikieG » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:37 am

The track is Carerra 6x16 with 43 foot of track. "Twitchy"? Not a chance. You can pin the trigger and hold it there and NEVER leave the track. This is the perfect car for little kids!!!
My intent was to gear the car for mass acceleration because we only have four 13 feet straight aways.
One more thing. I also changed the rear wheels to F1 type as the tire is now much wider and stickier. However, there is a noticeable o.d. difference. Factory Carerra axle assembly tire o.d. is .870. New axle assembly is .8.
So as an experiment, I ran the car with the factory axle assembly as well. Keep in mind, factory ring gear is 26t. So with the new Shark motor having 8t pinion this experiment had a gearing of 8/28. We also gained .070 tire diameter. Car performed the same.
I have NSR cars with this same motor. They scream! They are also lighter cars.
The motor is new. I ran it at 4 volts for 15 minutes. Then I chopped off the opposite end output shaft and pressed on the pinion (using the proper tool). Lastly, I soldered on the Carerra wiring harness. Motor would not run. At all. I disassembled the can everything looked fine. After reassembly, it worked. But not like I would have thought it should.
MikieG

Postby MikieG » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:30 pm

Our track does not use the Carerra transformer supplied with the kit. We have an aftermarket power supply that is completely adjustable to include individual lane adjustments.
My C7 has already lost its factory wheels and axles. It has upgraded slot.it and TSR equipment.

This car has traction magnets. We usually run around 15 volts.

How do I identify this factory motor can. PM calls it a "Standard Mabuchi" can. Without knowing all the terms used to describe this can type, my searches are very limited.
Also, where can a guy get the plugs that are soldered onto the motor that plugs into the car? My plan is to set the motors up for quick installation in my chassis.
MikieG

Postby GT6 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:50 pm

GT6

Postby PetesLightKits » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:59 am

PetesLightKits
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MikieG » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:42 pm

Peter, you are correct. I did run it with a 9/28 combo and it was not any better.
MikieG

Postby PetesLightKits » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:55 am

PetesLightKits
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:30 am

How many amps is the aftermarket power supply rated at?
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:39 am

15 volts...and you can pin the trigger.?

Try swapping it back. At that over voltage, that motor must be defective in a big way.

How many traction magnets are in it?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby MikieG » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:47 am

That motor had problems. I tried another one and it was better. The motor I have in there now is the 40k shark motor.
I visited the Professor Motor shop a few days ago. What an awesome group of people to deal with! Just classy in every way.
MikieG

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale