[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Happy 917 Day!

Happy 917 Day!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Happy 917 Day!

Postby War Eagle River » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:17 am

Happy 917 Day Slotters! Show ‘em off!
War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Happy 917 Day!

Postby Rleog » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:35 am

Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:04 pm

I wish I had time to do this today. That's a favorite car of mine.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby CatRacer » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:21 pm

Nice to know I'm not the only one with a 917 issue. :mrgreen:

CatRacer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:53 pm

IMG_5434.JPG.

I've managed to cut back on my 917 habit. A few board members have picked up a few from me over the years. But I still have a 904, 908,910, and 911 habits.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:59 pm

The 917K and the Ford GT40 are - to me - two of the most visually pleasing race cars ever designed. With their low center of gravity and low overall height, they both just look, ‘right’. They look like they just slice through the air like a whisper. In the airplane business you could always predict how well a design would perform simply because it ‘just looked right’. I can’t seem to get enough of either one.
Jeff
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:28 am

I love those Porsches.

Added to the GT 40 and 917, you just have to include the Ferrari P4. The triple crown of race cars in my opinion.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WaltB » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:04 pm

So this thread needs a like button.

I too have a 917 (among others) problem, not having enough being the problem!

I would share mine but the track came down this week and the cars got packed up due to a major home repair/ renovation. The bright side is I will have 3 times the space when the new slot cave (2nd floor - Tree house?) is finished. I'll need to sneak in some more cars till then.

I live about 25 miles from where the Sinclair Refinery was, now Alfred State Technical College, they have a pretty good Motorsports program from what I hear.
WaltB

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:03 pm

I've got at least 4 917s and at least 4 times as many 956s and 962s.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby historiceng » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:47 pm

historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby -Nimrod- » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:07 pm

Hi War Eagle,

You have stirred up the emotions with the 917's a beautiful car in every sense and especially the Fly models for me only equaled by my love for the Fly Lola T70 MKIIIB.

Great post
Cheers
NimROD
-Nimrod-
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:55 pm

slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby War Eagle River » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:51 pm

What?! Another 917K you say?! Okay then...here ya go!
War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby War Eagle River » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:19 pm

If anyone has the companion piece to the Fly 917K #35, Psychedelic. The 917LH #3, also made by Fly, Lets chat! It would be this one.
War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby balsaworks » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:14 am

The early versions of the 917, when the body shapes hadn't yet been finalized, are very interesting. Le Mans Miniatures (LMM) has produced a few such models. This one from Zeltweg 1969, was on sale at a British retailer six years ago. At that time LMM hadn't yet begun using Slot-it parts and their rolling chassis weren't mechanically up to scratch. Still, with some trimming and adjustment this car runs quite well.
balsaworks
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale