[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Latest Score...

Latest Score...

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Latest Score...

Postby strummer57 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:43 pm

I just now picked this up for 50 bucks:

unnamed-15.jpg

Set# C1100T; everything was there except the red car and the paper work, so I can't be sure what the date of this is. The whole thing (box and all) has a musty smell to it; I think it was probably stored in an unheated shed or something. Some of the track "rails" are rather corroded, but I think I can clean them up enough to be usable.

It has the newer (to me anyway) "Sport" track; the power pack is rated at 19V, 13VA. (My NASCAR set's pack has a 16V rating; dunno if that matters). What is also different is that the power track has (2) plug-in jacks for power: (both marked "16V") and a switch on the top: one is marked "16V" and the other is marked "16V 16V". What does this do? Also, the plugs on the controllers have (2) insulation rings, like a stereo plug. On my other set, they have just the one "ring": why do these have 2? Gee, if only that paper work was there...

The yellow Pennzoil car was absolutely filthy; covered in dirt, hair and "dust bunnies". It cleaned up rather nicely:

unnamed-16.jpg

This thing is even faster than my other Scalextric cars; when I had it apart for cleaning, I took out the magnet: I may have to put it back in, just so it'll stay on the track...it's ridiculously fast. Oh, also the front end rides too high for the front wheels to make contact with the track; suggestions?

I hope some of you Scalextric experts will be able to answer these questions for me...thanks. :)

Mark in Oregon
strummer57

Re: Latest Score...

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:47 pm

The dual 16v ports allow you to run a power supply for each lane. That way the power wouldn’t surge if another cars comes off track.
When I had a similar set it worked nicely.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strummer57 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:13 pm

Ah, okay that makes sense...thank you!

Mark in Oregon
strummer57

Postby Wobble » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:23 pm

Thinner braid like NSR racing braid will get it between 0.5 - 1mm closer to the track and the guide deeper in the slot. I also have the yellow Indy car and it'll take on the later slim can motored Scalextric F1 cars. They must've had a run of good motors for those.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strummer57 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:11 am

strummer57

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale