[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TSRF Chassis

TSRF Chassis

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TSRF Chassis

Postby MikieG » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:11 am

I just got one of these. I am attempting to attach a Carerra C7 body to it. Does anyone have any experience modding these?
This thing ran fast as my fastest NSR car right outta da box!
MikieG

Re: TSRF Chassis

Postby RichD » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:37 am

If I recall correctly TSRF cars were designed mostly to run on commercial 1/24th tracks, they were seldom used on home 1/32nd tracks. I have a Carrera C7R body on a Slot.it HRS2 chassis and that is a good runner.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby viejoronnie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:43 pm

You might try those "automatic" TSR body mounts.

BTW, Phillipe de Lespinay, ex pro slot car racer and man of many hats, is the the designer/creator of the TSR cars. At one time there was a story that PdL had an open $1000 challenge that a TSR RTR car out of the box could beat any other staight out of the box RTR car on the market.

I have several 1970's 1/40 Cox Super Scale anglewinders that he designed when he was working there which are ancestors of the current TSR cars. The design has it origins in his pro racers.

I don't know if any OEM slot car manufacturer or racer ever rose to PdL's challenge.
Last edited by viejoronnie on Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viejoronnie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:50 pm

There was no "RTR" TSRF. You had to mount a body. Primarily made to go under FLY 1/32 as well as 1/24 versions.

The challenge was easy to pass at that time. No Euro manufactures cared much. It was (is) a nice chassis but not aimed at the plastic track home racers.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby viejoronnie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:05 pm

I was not into 1/32 or 1/24 slots when the rumored challenge was made. TSR currently produces RTR cars.

I might ask Phillipe if his $1000 challenge still holds.
viejoronnie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:12 pm

Yes now. At $150. And still needs mods for plastic tracks.

With 3D offerings, Slot.it (HRS2) this is hardly worth it IMHO.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby silverspringsslotcars » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:23 pm

Go to tsrfcars.com. Click on Tech Help and then click on simple body mounting. See if this helps.

Joseph
silverspringsslotcars

Postby Pappy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:28 pm

I don't think Phillipe owns the company anymore. I heard you had to really weigh them down with lead to get them to handle good. If you want a really good 1/32 scale handling car for a commercial track get a JK Cheetah 11. But you'll need to use a lexan body on it.

https://www.jkproducts.com/en/1-32/5128-c1.html
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby viejoronnie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:32 pm

Here was PdL's challenge I found in another forum post in 2007.

"TSR has a $1,000 cash prize awaiting the first stock, out of the box exact-scale 1/32 or 1/24 RTR car with plastic chassis and injected body from any company that will beat the stock, out of the box 1/32 scale TSR Porsche 959 RTR or 1/24 scale Porsche 962 RTR (both to be issued soon) on a Carrera layout, with or without traction magnet."
viejoronnie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:35 pm

Yeah...remember that. So contact them and see.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby silverspringsslotcars » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:53 pm

The reason for needing a large amount of lead, they suggest total car weight of 125 grams, is to keep it on the track. The motor in them is 43,000 rpm with 275 gm/cm of torque. They also require a power supply with a capacity of about 5 amps. I have an NSR 997 Porsche body with a slot.it HRS2 chassis using a slot.it boxer motor, which I believe is a low 20k rpm motor. You have to put a large amount of lead for it to be able to handle. I run at 12 volts which is what slot cars are supposed to run at.

Joseph
silverspringsslotcars

Postby MikieG » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:15 pm

We are having great results with these on a Carerra track. I would venture to say that these are faster than our NSR cars.
Has any one experimented with putting 1/24 rear wheels on the 1/32 chassis?
MikieG

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:09 am

Looking at the site and reading through tech, the 1/32 scale car may go well with less weight, lower motor RPM and a NSR supergrip ( this is ALL speculation here). But looking at results of heavier cars in proxies, there may be some potential here.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:37 am

I bought one of their RTR Sunred cars some years ago. I cannot recall what I paid for it but it CERTAINLY wasn't $150 at the time! Some thoughts:

* The car came with Ortmann urethanes. At the time they said one should NOT true the tyres: I never understood the reason for that. The car was OK out the box but it handled much better once I trued the tyres
* The car also came with a guide pin. I was always leery about that so I replaced it with a "proper" Slot.it guide.
* I put some tape on the chassis as the motor/guide plate was very floppy relative to the main chassis plate.

After this work the car runs very nicely on wood: quick, smooth and quiet. But certainly nothing extraordinary. Lap time wise at present it is barely in the top 25% of my cars: best lap of 6.598 seconds vs 6.033 seconds for my fastest car.

Overall impression: something different and interesting but in no way worth $150.

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:04 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale