[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pioneer ?

Pioneer ?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Pioneer ?

Postby cjperry81 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:30 pm

Im relatively new to slot cars, I’ve been doing it for about a year. I have a couple scalextric and a couple Carerra. I’ve been seeing some really cool looking pioneer cars. Why do they cost so much???? Also where is a decent place to buy them? Everything I’ve found so far basically points me towards eBay which honestly wouldn’t be my first choice. Lastly, how does Pioneer compare to other brands?
cjperry81

Re: Pioneer ?

Postby RichD » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:12 pm

I do not own any Pioneer cars, but I expect that they would have performance similar to Scalextric cars. Pioneer cars are probably more expensive because they are made in England, not in China.
Professor Motor has Pioneer cars, I expect that several other major dealers carry them as well.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GAS41T » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Not worth the money....
Wheels are plastic & my experience wasn’t good with this brand of car...
GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:12 pm

I'm a big fan of Pioneer cars. As far as I know they are the only producer of some early Trans Am cars that raced in the '60's, my favorite era. I own all their replica notchback (non fastback) Mustangs. They originally cost me about $55 each and were well worth it in my opinion. Scalextric Trans Am cars cost $45 - $50 at that time.

I have around 50 Trans Am cars and they are nearly all out of production now so the prices have gone up. Pioneer hasn't offered anything new in awhile, so even more so for their stuff. I bought an "Ace of Spades" street rod Pioneer Charger years ago for around $55, they are now listed for $229 at Electric Dreams.

I'd rate Pioneer cars just a wee bit ahead of similar Scalextric cars, though in my Trans Am series they are equal in competition. Larger manufacturers like Carrera and Scalextric have lowered prices over the years, which I imagine is difficult for a smaller company to match and remain viable.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:57 pm

Jules had a rough patch a while back, and it looked like doom on the horizon, but he made it happen, and the company is saved. The worst thing Jules ever did was to pass on to us, in his desperation in the situation, the lies that the Chinese crooks told him. A lot of bad juju came from that, and I admit, I was one who, after years of defending Pioneer, backed off believing in him. I was wrong. I even lost friends over it. But Jules makes an excellent product, stands behind his product personally, and has more than once taken a personal engagement in resolving a problem.

My first choice of RTR chassis to use under a resin body is Pioneer, and will remain so, since I have a back stock of a dozen of them in various styles. Attention to detail in the bodies, excellent gearing and motor choice, proper axle bushings, very usable wheels, everything you need. Buy with confidence.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:18 pm

If you like the type of cars they make, buy the cars. Every brand can be fun if you like them... read Harry's reviews of cars, he won't steer you wrong.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby slothead » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:21 pm

While trying to lookup the part # and date for when the first Pioneer Trans Am Mustang was released I found this.

The ‘Red Devil’ Hemi Charger continues the series of Street Racer models from Pioneer.

Fitted with all-new ‘Steelie’ style wheels, Supathane tyres and the well proven TYPHOON 18K ‘SS’ motor makes this model a really great track performer.

Steelies and new compound tires on a 'new' Pioneer Charger? Those have been my biggest issues with the prior Charger chassis being used with the Proxie Mercury Cyclone builds. AND, a UK website says it has them IN STOCK.

Have I just missed this? Has anyone posted about this on HRW? Jules - how about a shout out when you release anything new.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:37 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby slothead » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:59 pm

Thanks for offering feedback on my post. March of 2010 was several thousand dollars ago in my slot car ledger. That blue #22 Mustang was my first Ppioneer car and my second Trans Am car (#1 Scalextric Camaro - Jim Hill car was my first). From that point on whenever I saw a Pioneer car in a display case I just had to have it, the liveries are excellent.

If the Red Devil Pioneer Charger is released on this side of the pond I'll be getting one in a heartbeat. UK price converts to $52.27 USD. I'm only holding out for fear what the shipping charge would be.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:24 am

Well with the Mopar out of the bag...

Jules will likely be here shortly. I have had images of this model, but was under strict British Rule to wait for an announcement time. :whistle:

Shipment is said to leave today destined for a harbor in Boston. What could possibly go wrong?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby slothead » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:50 am

Oops, sorry if I spilt the beans. Never occurred to me, in my excitement, that an announcement might be pending.

Looking forward to my first Pioneer retail purchase in years!
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby dw5555 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:57 am

Boston....What could go wrong????
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:41 am

JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!