[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pioneer ?

Pioneer ?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Pioneer ?

Postby slothead » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:08 am

At nine o'clock on the night of December 16, 1773, a band of Bostonians disguised as Native Americans boarded the British merchant ship Dartmouth and two companion vessels anchored at Griffin's Wharf in Boston harbor. The Americans, who numbered around 70, shared a common aim: to destroy the ships' cargo of British East India Company tea.

Tea is one thing, slot cars are another. If any slot cars end up in the harbor I'll be hiring a diver to go fetch.

And, I think that shipment that got 'lost' in Russia was actually confiscated because Putin wants royalties for using his likeness on the hood of the red one.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby JULES » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:53 am

I'll buy that explanation.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GAS41T » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:27 pm

GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:11 pm

The Chargers look good, will put em with my Ace,
Thanks Jules, keep em coming bud!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:14 pm

I like it so much better when we just talk about the cars and share positive and helpful info. Hope we can move on.

Yeah, I was always the guy who'd try to stop a fight while others were picking sides.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:05 pm

Bah, I remember this...

One person's opinion is just that.

If you were REALLY that "advanced" as claimed, you could have easily put the wheel back on and raced it. Like most of us do around here.

But time for a system flush.

Back to your regular programming.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby slothead » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:20 pm

Thinking along the 'system flush' lines I have an idea how to settle this like real men (from an army story told by humorist Jean Shepherd).

We meet at a centrally located slot car track. Each protagonist uses the car of his choice. The cars are lined up at the start line and each one takes a triple dose of a powerful laxative. Then Harry starts the race and whoever completes the most laps before having to put their controller down and make a mad dash to the bathroom wins. Remaining in the bathroom whistling dixie with the door locked as the second guy bangs on the door will be considered a breech of etiquette.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Rooster » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:32 pm

Rooster
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby frank9129 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:06 pm

I personally would like to see how the Legends Racers run.
If they are like the other Pioneer cars, it will be a hoot.
I don't mean to complain, but it has been a tad late. Jules will tell you I have hung in a little longer than most.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:13 pm

Good googly-moogly! Flush, indeed.

The truth is, I confess it, I was in ignorance of what exactly such a thing as HRW was. I made an awful fool of myself thinking that because we all contributed to HRW, we somehow owned some kind of shares in it. I was furious that some guy had the audacity to change the format to segregate chit-chat to a separate topic (the beginning of the Bench Racers Lounge) . Who was this "Harry" person, anyway? Well, he owned it and did all the work, but I was too ignorant to be aware of that. That was a long, long time ago. So, here we are, over 14,000 posts later for me, Harry and Cindy are dear friends online, and I spend a crazy amount of time and contribution on HRW, happy as a clam. And I still daydream about cooking for several dozen people at Harry's.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby slothead » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:14 pm

I had the pleasure of test driving a prototype of the Legend and it's a fun car. I've been in hover mode for them for years too, but honestly since they are such a unique car several will be needed to compete against each other. These new Chargers will fit right in with the prior street rods and can run against classic stock cars from other manufacturers. So, the Chargers are just what the doctor ordered at this time for me.

I hope the Legends do arrive at some point, but the new Chargers will keep me occupied for now.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby williamg » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:39 am

As Chris Birdsong would say " :banana-dance: One can never own too man chargers."
williamg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale