[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2020 Formula 1 Proxy - Situation and Update

2020 Formula 1 Proxy - Situation and Update

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

2020 Formula 1 Proxy - Situation and Update

Postby Audi1 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:19 pm

We had a lot of fun with the 2019 Modern Formula 1 Proxy. 10 Rounds and everyone who started, finished........that's good!

There has been some talk about having another Formula 1 Proxy next year so I wanted to give you all a picture of the current situation from my standpoint and an option to mull over.

I won't be able to be the Proxy Director for the 2020 race, but almost all of the "mechanics" to have a race next year area already in place. Most of that consists of the Rules for the race and the tracks that host the Rounds.

Below I am copy/pasting the Rules for the 2019 Proxy, and after that, the tracks that hosted the Rounds. So, that's a good start. The rest consists of receiving the cars, keeping track of the Registration Fees, tech'ing the cars, coordinating the shipments between the various tracks, reimbursing the hosts for shipping costs, keeping the Rounds on schedule (as best you can...…), receiving the cars back at the end of the series and shipping them back out to the builders/racers.

So, it's as close to cookie-cutter as you're apt to find in a proxy series. If you're interested in taking over this series, then let us know. In the meantime, here's the primary info that you need to do that:

1. Rules

1. Scalextric Modern Formula 1 cars; those with the slimline IL motor configuration (2005-2017), but I've also heard that there were some slimline cars offered in the second half of 2004; if you have one of those, it's legal, too
2. Spec motors; either the SCC Minnow (18k rpm) or the M/T SL-2 (18k rpm) [Note: if you use the Minnow, then you may well need to add a motor shaft sleeve, as the shaft on the Minnow is 9mm long, whereas the M/T SL-2 is 12.5mm long (stock Scaley for the later F1 models is 12+mm long)]
3. Gearing - open [Note: stock Scaley F1 is 9:27]
4. Body - stock injection molded plastic Scaley F1 / the body must not appear modified on the outside to accommodate crown gears and the like
5. Chassis - stock injection molded Scaley F1l; chassis must be the one that came with the body; no body/chassis switches / the chassis plate must not appear modified on the outside to accommodate crown gears and the like / the rear axle holder uprights may be strengthened by adding styrene, brass, etc.
6. Wheels - nominal 14' wheels, front and rear; may be aftermarket wheels, but not to exceed the width of the front and rear wheels that came stock on the car; wheels must look period for the car and either have appropriate wheel inserts or be an F1 designated after market wheel
7. Tires - rubber only (any commercially available manufacturer) / can be glued, trued and profiled / fronts not less than 10.5mm/not more than 12.5mm wide, rears not wider than 13 mm / front tires may be overcoated to reduce friction
8. Maximum Track; front and rear - not to exceed nominal 61.5mm, outside shoulder to outside shoulder
9. Axles - both the front and rear axles must remain in the same plane as on the stock model; no lowered cars except via tire truing (see minimum clearance spec. below).
10. Front ends can be strengthened with an aluminum or brass tube (more on this later)
11. No-magnets
12. Guides - open; guide adapters like B-nova and Changing-Gearz - OK
13. Weight - not to exceed 85 gms; all weight must be inside or above the chassis platform of the car; no weight hanging from the underside of the chassis. If weight is placed on the chassis platform, but not under the body, it must be painted to match the color of the chassis platform.
14. Clearance - not less than 0.7mm. The crown gear hump on the bottom of the chassis and other sections, such as the digital chip holder, can be sanded flush with the bottom of the chassis plate, or flush with the magnet carrier, whichever is lower
15. Races - 8 Rounds - 4 in the US and 4 in Canada; all on routed wood tracks
16. Number of cars - limited to 24 cars; one car per racer
17. Livery - stock or fantasy
18. Numbers - no duplicate numbers; but duplicate cars with different numbers is fine
19. Racing voltage; up to the discretion of each host track owner, but not to exceed 10V

Registration will be US$25.00 per car. Registration fees will be due by December 1, 2018, via PayPal to: XXXX

Cars will be due at the first track; The River Run, no later than January 31, 2019, shipping to:

XXXX
XXXX
XXXX
XXXX

That's it! Stay tuned for some slight tweaking changes to the rules towards the end of this week, if needed.

If we get 12 racers then this Proxy will be a go; if not then we'll re-think it at a later date. Maximum of 24 cars; only 1 car per racer.

[Racer / Car / year / number]

2. Tracks

1. The River Run - Audi1 - Merrimac, MA - mid-February
2. Amoskeag North Racing Park - manchvegasracer - Manchester, NH - early March
3. OFIR - Modernslots - somewhere - NC - mid-March
4. War Eagle River - Tampa, FL - early April
5. Pebblerstone Model Car Circuit - Gascarnut - Irvine, CA - mid-April
6. The Targa - Luf/Alwyn - Vancouver, BC, CN - early May
7. Getcars - Radarek - Edmonton, Alberta, CN - late May
8. Autodrome - Ferrari1950 - Cornwall, Ontario, CN - mid-June
9. Chris' Track - chrisguyw - Toronto, CN - end June
10. Canfield Green - Chappy - Picton, Ontario, CN - mid-July

And there you have it - a fun proxy in (almost) ready-to-go form!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 2020 Formula 1 Proxy - Situation and Update

Postby Mitch58 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:03 am

Audi,
put me down for one. # TBD later
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:51 am

If no one more experienced with this wants to step up. I think i could facilitate 1 next year as a starting point. I want to see these series continue!\

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:12 am

That would be great, Zack!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Courtney s » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:19 pm

Guys I would like to Participate in 2020 but i need a car which one would you suggest?
Courtney s

Postby Aloha » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:43 pm

Courtney
Please look at Allan's site from last year of the series which has pics and details of pluses and minuses
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:44 pm

Zack
Thanks for taking the lead. Let me know if i can help from out here in the middle of nowhere.
I would be happy to enter again
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:51 pm

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby manchvegasracer » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:40 am

I will particulate again. #3 for me.
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:52 am

I'm in again #57. That might change if I paint the car.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Courtney s » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:52 pm

Would this car be legal?
Courtney s

Postby Audi1 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:15 pm

Hi Zack,

If you'd like to take over the Formula One Proxy, then I think that's great - thanks!

A lot of the work is laid out in the first post and I'll be happy to work with you on the other loose ends.

If you were to start now with a Rules & Registration thread, then I think that October 1st might be a good due date for the cars, with the first race starting about 2 weeks after that.

Be sure to take Dale up on his offer, he's going to be running one of the Rounds of the TransAm Proxy for us - out there in Hawaii!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:52 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:16 pm

I will be starting a thread for this Proxy in the next couple of days. So if there is anything those that participated in this years proxy would like to address as far as rules going forward, now would be a great time to start that discussion!

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:04 pm

I think I will be on this one. #20 is a number that I have been using in all proxies to date.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale