What's up with Pioneer?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: What's up with Pioneer?

Postby FC47 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:13 pm

Thanks Jules,
Pioneer is a good name for your enterprise,
striking to give us sound quality and very nice finish produced in the western world.
I do print too because I want what I want in 1/24..I can do old Le Mans and long tails and Can-Am with the help of talented friends who share,
but just like my old Lionel that don’t care if they’re on dc or ac, when I get the Pioneers out on the track they look great, and keep running and sounding great like I expect and they put a smile on my face.
:text-thankyouyellow:
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: What's up with Pioneer?

Postby slothead » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:10 pm

I have to agree with waay about the fit and finish of Pioneer cars. The only one I ever repainted was a club racer Mustang fastback because I had 2 cars with the same number. I have an 'Ace of Spades' Charger I was thinking about repainting as a classic NASCAR but haven't been able to disturb what's already there. Guys at the Southern Maine Modelers Club were looking at it and were impressed by the detail on a slot car, something they weren't aware of.

I recently ordered a 'Red Devil' street rod Charger with thoughts of repainting parts of it and putting #71 on it to resemble the NASCAR Dave Marcis drove. But, when I get it in my hands I'll likely know better than to alter it. If I do decide to put numbers on it I'll probably cover the doors and roof with red Monokote and put the number decals on that for easy removal.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale