Scalextric Aston Martin DB 5

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Scalextric Aston Martin DB 5

Postby Modlerbob » Mon May 20, 2019 9:20 pm

Last week I watched a TV special about the James Bond legacy which devoted a segment of time to Bond's cars, starting with the Aston Martin. Well, one thing lead to another and I am now the owner of the most recent release of the Scalextric DB 5. Very sharp looking model but as it comes from the factory not much of a performer ( unless you turn the voltage way down). But sometimes one has to get such a slot car just because of it's historical significance. I may get a set of PG tires for it but that will be all the tuning I intend to do. So it will spend most of it's time sitting on the shelf next to it's more modern cousins.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Scalextric Aston Martin DB 5

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon May 20, 2019 10:29 pm

I never did anything to mine. Not even tires. Just tried the wheels and stock rubber. Just a one off kinda car to me, fun to take out from time to time.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BARC 1 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:37 pm

inspired by the RAF Spitfire, I had fun with mine

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Tue May 21, 2019 12:30 am

We have a pre 70 sports car class and I couldn't resist getting the red version not too long ago. With smaller front tyres and a slightly longer font axle, some urethane rears and a bit of ballast, it's a fun car to run with our classic Nincos and the likes.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale