[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My attempt at a fast Trans Am car.....

My attempt at a fast Trans Am car.....

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

My attempt at a fast Trans Am car.....

Postby wanabgts » Tue May 14, 2019 5:10 pm

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: My attempt at a fast Trans Am car.....

Postby Austin » Tue May 14, 2019 5:16 pm

Nice looking setup, Nice job
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Tue May 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Screw the proxie we need to have these for a class at our club there Zack. Im up to putting another together or run mine when it gets back.... I have a few those pods coming that I going try in few cars my self..
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Tue May 14, 2019 6:44 pm

Wow that looks wicked! Can’t wait to see how it runs.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue May 14, 2019 6:48 pm

What's with the rear tires? Did you have to do some carving to get clearance? I bet that cool stance for the car cost you some labor to clear the tire crowns. I'm interested in how it goes to sand or carve really sticky tires like NSR. I probably won't ever use anything but Paul Gage, but I respect NSR products and I'm curious about what you had to do.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby wanabgts » Tue May 14, 2019 7:06 pm

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue May 14, 2019 9:31 pm

You're making me work to hard to maintain my proxy race pace. My head hurts and I can't sleep with these hot shot rookie proxy racers popping up. :D :D. Hopefully I have 2 seasons to build my O2L Trans Am car as I'm now praying U2L Trans Am will be next. My Imp and Alpha are ready to go, so get building. The '68 Camaro hopefully will be home soon so I can get it prepped.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Tue May 14, 2019 10:24 pm

I will have to see what is eligable there and get to work on one of those next....

Gt3 development has been time consuming!

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue May 14, 2019 11:09 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed May 15, 2019 7:32 am

Only 188 days. Man I better decide on a car and get started. Oh I think I picked that Sideways car didn't I.

Now I'll have to pick a car for the U class TransAm. I'm leaning toward my Porsche 911 when it returns. Thought I had a completed picture of it. Currently in the SCCA Proxy. It will get a chassis adjustment if I run this car.

Wanabgts
Unless the rules change for the 02 class the next time it is run the rear wheel is limited to 15x8.5. I know that it was mentioned to go to 15x10. Guess we will have to wait and see. Nice Camaro. That thing really looks like its got a nice stance. Got to continue working on my fleet of Mopars. The Cuda I picked didn't do to well in the first round. All 3 were within .01-.05 secs during testing. Who knows I might even retry that Camaro sitting on my table. :lol:
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Wed May 15, 2019 8:35 am

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed May 15, 2019 10:47 am

Zach,
In the SCCA Proxy I based the body height off of pictures of the MRRC car. Had the body not the chassis. I believe it would be doing better in this proxy had I lowered it just a tad bit more. That is my plan if I stay with this car. The car is currently 20th out of 32 cars in the SCCA proxy. So even with it being top heavy and tippy it is doing better than expected.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Wed May 15, 2019 2:27 pm

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed May 15, 2019 11:11 pm

The Alphas have performed well in the U2 class. I will run either the IMPresive Imp or an Alpha but would love to run a Porsche of course. Arroldn I have no idea how you can get the 911 to scream the way you do. I have tons of them tipping all over the place here. Back to the Camaro, if I remember correctly O2L, 8mm rim 10mm tire.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Thu May 16, 2019 12:02 am

Hi all. I have just put together a Scaly Camaro for a new member. Have kept any changes to a minimum with slightly small front tyres, 5gms of lead, 12t pinion, 36t Slot-it spur gear, new axle-brass bearings-Ninco ali's and Slot-it N22 tyres glued and trued. It had first run last night and went really well. Will try and add photo.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale