[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - strombecker rebuild corvette and testa rosas

strombecker rebuild corvette and testa rosas

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

strombecker rebuild corvette and testa rosas

Postby williamg » Mon May 06, 2019 7:58 am

Made my own brass chassis, used scalex motors slot it crown gears
Wheels from pendle slots

I have BIG plans for the vettes inserts. Why not spend 600 bucks to make inserts right? lol
Anyway, they runners now, details, fine adjustments to come
williamg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: strombecker rebuild corvette and testa rosas

Postby bill from nh » Mon May 06, 2019 8:19 am

williamg, your brass chassis look pretty good. Do you find that all three cars drive & handle about the same? How are you holding in the motors? With something such as hot glue from a glue gun? In what New England state are you located? I'm in NH. I don't generally run 1/32 cars, but I sometimes run with the guys at a local 1/24 hard body home group. If I had the room for a track, it'd definitely be 1/32.
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:21 am

Nice work so far

I just am puting the finishing touches on a Strombecker J car
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby War Eagle River » Mon May 06, 2019 8:43 am

Nice work!! My only Strombecker redo is this Chappy. Though not as involved as yours...this has a MRRC chassis.
War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby williamg » Mon May 06, 2019 2:55 pm

williamg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon May 06, 2019 6:12 pm

The old Stromies are so much fun. They had a real genius for picking the right cars to inspire good work. I have done PCB, brass, modified plastic, and MRRC, and they all run great. The plastic the bodies are made from is excellent, and will take any finish you want to try. I envy that Corvette. I need to seek some on the internet.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby williamg » Tue May 07, 2019 8:03 am

williamg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Tue May 07, 2019 11:21 am

I originally started with a Strombecker set and I find myself refitting Strombecker bodies onto various chassis configurations more that anything else I do. They don’t seem to fair too well against the big boys in proxy race venues, but I don’t care.... I still love them.

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Tue May 07, 2019 4:51 pm

I still remember those windshield-less and head-less cars on my Strombecker track in the attic. When my father built a table to put my track in the basement I bought some Cox cars and was amazed at the difference. Magnesium chassis, screw on wheels, wide tires. Added some Revell cars and didn't use the Strombecker Vette, Ferrari, and Jaguar much after that. Did have a Ford 'J' car I fixed up so it was a runner.

My first laps as a 1/32 slot car racer were probably with the Vette or Ferrari. Great memories.

Thought I found some of the old stuff when cleaning out my parents house, but don't know what became of it.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby chrisguyw » Fri May 10, 2019 2:53 pm

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby williamg » Fri May 10, 2019 3:33 pm

williamg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri May 10, 2019 3:45 pm

William, I have the vac forming machine to make windshields and other small stuff. Would you say that the scale is roughly the same as the Ninco? I also have an old Monogram Vette. Pick one for scale, and I'll see what I can come up with.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby chrisguyw » Fri May 10, 2019 3:58 pm

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby williamg » Sat May 11, 2019 11:42 am

williamg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed May 15, 2019 9:56 am