[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - FLY Classics

FLY Classics

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

FLY Classics

Postby War Eagle River » Sat May 04, 2019 4:31 am

Getting a few old schoolers ready for our upcoming FLY Classics Endurance Race
War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: FLY Classics

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat May 04, 2019 6:12 am

Perfect choices. Miss messing with those classics.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Sat May 04, 2019 6:56 am

Its a shame there are so mamy new cars coming out that we seem to forget the beauty of these classics.
I think i may bring some to Sebring next Dec and plan a proper visit if thats OK.
Cheers
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Mitch58 » Sat May 04, 2019 8:49 am

Love the classics, we created a class we call LeMans which is basically for the stock Fly, Scalextric, Ninco cars that can't really compete with any of the faster classes. the only upgrades is we replace the magnets with weight and can run what ever tires we prefer. The kids and new racers can keep the magnets until they win a race.
It makes for some of the closest racing we have on any given night.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat May 04, 2019 9:45 am

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby 4424ever » Sat May 04, 2019 9:59 am

:laughing-rolling: Thanks Rob I needed that. A timeless classic my god how long has it been :laughing-rolling:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby War Eagle River » Sat May 04, 2019 10:01 am

War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby War Eagle River » Sat May 04, 2019 10:04 am

War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat May 04, 2019 10:18 am

Thanks sir.
Planning on being down for New Year this time.
But hoping for a better trip.
Buying the house was hectic as was moving in, but then my 90 yr old father fell and broke his hip in Feb and in March my mom passed away suddenly. So i didnt have time to even catch my breath with 2 trips home in 2 months. Hope this year will be much much better
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Rooster » Sat May 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Fly Classics are great!
Something for everyone.
And, the performance is a mixed bag.
Some do surprisingly well out of the box, some need a little tuning, and some need a lot.
Rooster
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat May 04, 2019 2:23 pm

I used to say I never had a Fly that was in a condition that required a lot of work. I always thought that karma would come around and get me, and sure enough, I got one off Ebay a couple of years ago that was sealed in its box, looked fine, and was immobile. Unattached wires, busted bushing holders, front end mashed too tight, and a motor that was so bad I took it apart to see what could make a motor do what it was doing. The gears, (both) were impossible to mesh, and there was a huge long crack in the chassis- the whole enchilada in one car. The body was perfect. I must say, that was a very satisfying week of repair and invention. One of my favorite cars, but it was a long way to the happy ending.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby War Eagle River » Sat May 04, 2019 4:17 pm

FLY happy endings are always good!
War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Sat May 04, 2019 10:09 pm

I started buying Fly Classics about four years ago when I decided to do a Le Mans series. The first 2 or 3 where terrible - wouldn't move till cracked gears or wheels were fixed. After buying dozens of Scalextric and Pioneer cars without a problem out of the box I couldn't believe such terrible quality control. Later ones were better and now more good than bad.

The Fly Classic cars are excellent looking cars. And I learned a lesson from them. If I see a livery I like don't pass on it just to buy a cheaper livery. Because a few weeks or months later I'd end up buying the one I wanted in the first place after all. Did this with a bunch of Porsche 917's and Lola T70's. Now I just ask myself, "Is this a car you're going to buy later even if the price goes up?", and if that's even a possibility I just buy it now.

Two of my favorites are the Hurley Haywood Porsche 917/10

and the Mark Donohue Lola T70.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby War Eagle River » Sun May 05, 2019 8:43 am

New kid on the block...he thinks he’s fast...You wouldn’t want this one collecting dust, BAMF!...and besides, my son just came in from working all night, and he claimed it! Told a friend a minute ago, I don’t ever get to have nice things!Lol
War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby War Eagle River » Wed May 08, 2019 7:06 am

How could you not love me!?
War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale