[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - BRM Nascar tyres

BRM Nascar tyres

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

BRM Nascar tyres

Postby Wobble » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:23 pm

Last edited by Wobble on Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: BRM Nascar tyres

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:18 pm

Thanks. How do you like the grip/performance?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Wobble » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:19 pm

Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:29 am

Very interesting... I too prefer rubber tires so I'll be watching your report of how well they stick.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby indidragracer » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:18 pm

They allso come in shore 15. BRM atleast used to have an aluminium wheel specific to these tyres and a NASCAR insert.
Myself prefer to glue them to the stock Scalextric wheels, just to be sure. Nothing brings your racing mojo down as much as having a tyre coming of the wheel :doh:
indidragracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Wed May 01, 2019 5:12 am

The nights racing has just finished and I'm happy to report a 1st place on the podium was the result. However, there are a couple of things that do need a bit of attention although one of them is a bit of a head scratcher for me. Because of the extra grip the car is more tippy than it was with the standard rubber, and although I only tipped it over once, I did have to drive more carefully in the corners but I'm sure some added ballast would make it stable. There is none in it at the moment. The other thing I noticed was the wheels chattering under braking and I'm sure that is also to do with the extra grip. These tyres can be a bit awkward to true so I'm wondering if I haven't done that 100% correctly although the car was smooth as silk under acceleration and I would think out of round tyres would show up there also. The thought that crosses my mind at the moment is the possibility that I had too much brakes dialled in and deceleration was stronger than acceleration. If anyone has any idea why chattering would happen under braking I'd be happy to hear them.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed May 01, 2019 5:46 am

First, congratulations sir! I have steered (ahem) very clear of any podium, but it must be nice to be on top! 8-)

Yes, the added grip can sometimes cause a chatter. On our Showdown cars it is more about getting just the right amount of float. You mentioned weight...this will help as well, especially in this light car. And since you can dial out some of the brake...give that a try after tuning. I don't have restrictions on lead placement here, so I went directly under the car.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale