[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Revo Slot wheels

Revo Slot wheels

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Revo Slot wheels

Postby MikieG » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:11 am

So I sprung fit the Viper. I just love this car. Awesome chassis. It was very very unstable. Any speed at all and it would crash in the corners. So I installed the factory magnet just forward of the motor. Still, squirrelly. Finally. After stacking one big and two small NSR magnets on top of the factory magnet, it is acceptable. A little gear grease and bearing lube and it is smooth and quiet. With a decent driver, it can win.
Now for the bad. One of the front wheels was machined croocked. No matter how I install it on the axle, it wobbles. These cars use thicker axles than the other cars do. So how would you proceed with this?
I would love to hear your experiences with the Revo Slot cars. Any mods or upgrades?
Thanks everyone.
MikieG

Re: Revo Slot wheels

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:59 am

I have a Porsche that has a wonky rear wheel.
Pendles has replacement wheels, and I plan to order a set of rears and fronts sometime, but haven't done so yet.
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:02 am

Slot Car Corner has spares now, I picked a variety of spares for the slot box.

No wheel issues here as of yet. Front tires can be stubborn to get round. I sanded mine down, worked fine.

Race non magnet here so tuning advice with mags aside from changing tires. Stock tires just don’t work well on our tracks.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Billy boy » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:46 am

Wouldn’t revo slot stand behind its product and send a new wheel? Those cars aren’t cheap
Billy boy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:14 am

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MikieG » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:11 pm

Ok. Here is the deal. If you shove the axle all the way into the wheel and lock it, there isn't sufficient axle length left on the other side of the car to do the same for the other wheel, causing the set screw to cock the wheel crooked.
But.... If you center the axle between the two wheels all is perfect!
The car is heavy. My NSR GT40MKII does 3.5 second laps where the Revo Slot Viper runs 5 - 5.2 second laps. It's quite a squirrelly car. I still love it!
I see a blue Porsche 911 in my future!
MikieG

Postby RichD » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:25 am

My club only uses RevoSlot cars for IROC style racing, we run without traction magnets at 10 volts and the cars have Quick Slicks silicone tires. The RevoSlots are not quite as fast as our regular cars, but those have had a lot of parts replaced with aftermarket stuff and are highly tuned while the RevoSlots are nearly stock.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale