[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scale Auto Home set Porsche 935 J DRM

Scale Auto Home set Porsche 935 J DRM

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Scale Auto Home set Porsche 935 J DRM

Postby 32lbking » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:39 pm

Hey ConrodJo, don't stop contributing. I got a lot from your post. Looked at the catalog and saw what you are talking about. I didn't know there had been changes to the chassis. Thank you.
Sometimes when writing or reading posts, one word or the lack of a word can come across differently to different people. Just a misunderstanding.
It looks like you were able to clear it up in your subsequent posts[at least in my eyes].
Thanks again,
Randy
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:32 pm

ConRodJo

You have made a valuable point here, and clearly supported that point by a link to page 64 of the Scaleauto catalog, and you’ve clearly made that point while writing in a foreign language.

The discussion about who is the biggest manufacturer seems superfluous to me and adds nothing to the main point of the post.

I hope that you will continue contributing to this bulletin board. Insight from Europeans adds value to the mix of people who frequent HRW. Can I buy you a cup of coffee?
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:30 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:01 pm

OK, thanks to Conrod, I downloaded the 2017-2018 Scale Auto catalog which does clear up several questions I had. U.S. vendors are not making it very easy to figure out which versions of the home set cars they are trying to sell. I went on the Pendleslot web site and they have made it a lot easier to know which chassis their homeset cars have. Being that there is only one review here of the homeset porsche and it is of an early release and that further information proved a little difficult to find I ended up buying the wrong car. Now that I have downloaded the catalog, if I decide that I want to try another homeset car I think I will most likely get what I was looking for.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:29 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby WB2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:09 pm

The rear mounting screw on the Fly 935 is mounted much farther to the rear than the SA 935 shown here.
I have the R Series SA Interscope 935. It has one forward and one rear mounting screw. It’s wheelbase is just a tad shorter than the Fly 935.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby War Eagle River » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:30 pm

War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:41 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:31 pm

Even though things got a little testy I think this thread has cleared up the story of the homeset cars. I now have a better understanding of the series.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:43 pm

This might tickle your fancy too, Modlerbob … https://www.shapeways.com/product/TK56Y ... che-935-77
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:11 am

Thanks, that ought to work just fine.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:13 pm

At the time of this release...regardless of statements, it is what it is. In this Country, if it looks like a duck...and smells like a duck...well...

I stand by the link that was posted. Thanks for the mention by the way.

My rebuild is what it took to make the release at the time a raceable model. At least in my personal view, non-magnet, on wood.

If things have changed for the "Home Set" series I have no idea and cannot comment. No one I race with has any SA and this model is still my only one.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:05 am

This will be my last post in this thread. I got my PG tires Wednesday and after installing them and truing them as well as all the usual tuning tricks for Fly type chassis it performs as well as my Scaley modern GT cars. That means it averaged 5.6 seconds on my 55' mdf road course.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:40 pm

I just re-read your opening post as well as your most recent and you seem pleasantly surprised that the Porsche went as well as it did. On Wednesday night we had 18k group 5 as a class so I put a FLY black stripe motor in mine and had a bunch of fun hassling a modified Fly Capri (motor moved to back inline) and although the Capri won the race it was close and I led a few laps too.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat May 04, 2019 10:09 pm

I am revisiting this thread to report an issue I'm having with several of my Scale Auto cars, Home Series and otherwise. The plastic used for the chassis on these cars is very brittle and under any kind of stress starts to crack around the motor mounts.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale