[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Monte Carlo #93

Scalextric Monte Carlo #93

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Scalextric Monte Carlo #93

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:22 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Scalextric Monte Carlo #93

Postby williamg » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:50 pm

Think we could get a Cougar, T-Bird, Buick, Olds, and a Pontiac?
OK
So we can wish, but these were great times in NASCAR

I want to do a Benny Parsons car, Folgers or Copenhagen on a Monte even though he had pretty much retired from full time by the Aero window cars.
williamg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:22 pm

I am glad to see they have deleted the expense of having a plastic case and I hope they do it with the entire line of cars. You can't drive the box and I'll bet that most people who actually use their slot cars for the intended purpose ever put them back in the cases. As far as I'm concerned they could mount them on card stock with a plastic covering.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:59 pm

YES!!!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:34 am

Oh, and by the way, I am not the slightest bit concerned that they not street cars dressed up as race cars. That earlier Dodge charger was a joke with racing livery. Very few racing cars since the 1980s would be legal on the street.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:00 am

Currently, all the cars that Scalextric considers part of the super resistant line come in the cardboard boxes. The Scalextric Monte Carlo is a hybrid of sorts since it comes with a super resistant body but still has an interior. The super resistant cars usually come with blacked out windows and no interior.

Thankfully, Scalextric upgraded the Monte Carlo since I'm sure most of us prefer an interior if given the choice.

Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:26 am

Just a little useless trivia...these were designed from the start to have an interior. Very early prototype pics showed without, but was just simply test shots.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby williamg » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:05 pm

The interior in these NASCAR cars is perfect. Just enough detail. More than a tray. A full interior is not needed in a coupe where you can't see it all anyway.
williamg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Added this one to the fleet this week myself! Looking forward to actually being able to make it to the track after the holidays to put some laps on it! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:05 pm

Our little group has obtained all four of the Monte Carlos. Three of us and a spare for a guest. Our first race will be this coming Wednesday.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jaws » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:20 pm

I have received all 4 cars. Will work great on my 4 lane track as IROC cars. 3 out of 4 cars match my lanes colors. Black is the new blue.

Jim W
jaws

Postby GTOking » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:13 pm

These Monte Carlos are pretty good right out of the box. I just added a little lube and off they went. Smooth runners on my wood track and decent grip even with no tire prep. They drift through turns really well, just the way I like a slot car. Certainly a good inexpensive slot car, kudos to Scalextric.
GTOking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:22 pm

Good deal!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:13 am

I just bought a Monogram snap-tite Nascar Donnie Allison Ford Thunderbird model. If it fits I'll mount it on one of my Monte Carlo chassis. This probably means that David's announcement next week will be that Scaley is releasing a Ford Nascar to race with the Chevys. Reviewing my Nascar history of that era reminded me that in the late 80's there was GM (Chevy, Buick, Pontiac and Oldsmobile) and Ford. I'm sure all the GM brands rode on the same chassis, so Scaley only has two chassis to mold that willl cover all that era's Nascars.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RBPhillips » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:06 am

Exactly, Bob. But you'll beat all of us to doing it! A resin Buick or Oldsmobile sure would look neat, or even an aero Grand Prix...
RBPhillips

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale